I'm SOOO annoyed.

Squiglet

Reaction score
I went out last night with a group of people who used to work at my old place of work!!! It's a British estate agents in Spain...a big one too... Well I told them when I was 8 weeks pregnant and in hospital with bleeding that I was pregnant... that was a Monday... My boss said that he would speak with his boss and see what needed to be done in terms of paperwork... On the Wednesday I get called into the big manager's office with my line manager and I am told that my services are no longer required as there just isn't enough work, even though I was the only one on my section who could speak spanish and was over run with work.

Well after dinner last night, I find out that in less than 10 weeks after my dismissal, they are hiring someone else to fill my position... !!!! So that means that the only reason they got rid of me was because I was pregnant!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Spanish Law is really strict on this so I am going to the union office on Monday to make an official complaint. But it just really annoys me that this company can and does do this... They have done similar things to other staff... and clients... well they screw them over left right and center...the clients just don't know about it.

Sorry felt the need to vent... but it's just not fair...! It's not even been three months and the market hasn't picked up in that time, because they haven't hired anyone else for any other positions, in fact they have only sacked people.

that's shocking hon! you must be livid.

i really hope you manage to take them to a tribunal over this...

Thats really naughty I hope you take them to the cleaners!!!!

I plan too... They don't have a very good reputation with the Spanish Employment tribunal... because they have already lost two trials for different reasons... and they happen to be anyone who can speak Spanish, and the bosses can't... so the Spanish Government really frowns on that too.. ... Grrrr Fumming me.. :evil:

I am livid for you :evil: :evil: :evil: that is disgusting behaviour. I relly hope they pay for it big time!!!

My god, what prejudice. I know Spain can be a bit antiquated but that really takes the biscuit!! Take them to the cleaners!!!! :twisted:

That's dreadful! What complete bar stewards!!! Definitely do all you can to throw the book at them. :evil: :evil:

:twisted: W@nkers :twisted:
For gods sake, how stupid are people...more to the point how stupid do they think we are????
Doesn't it just make you sick that this sort of sh1t still happens in this day and age!

You go Squig and get all you can from them. Hope you retire a rich rich woman!

That is disgusting. Do not let them get away with it... You go girl :hug:

For gods sake, how stupid are people...more to the point how stupid do they think we are????
Doesn't it just make you sick that this sort of sh1t still happens in this day and age!

Thanks guys... I'm worried that I won't be able to prove anything...although I have evidence I told them I was pregnant before I was made redundant.... but what annoys me more is that because I don't have a job, no one will hire me because I am pregnant, and I had just signed the deed for my new property, I actually don't have enough money atm to pay the mortgage and financially we are quite bad off..

When I was last pregnant with my daughter, I didn't have much money and everything was second hand or borrowed. I was really looking forward to buying everything new this time round...and now I can't... I have to beg and borrow again...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

And not because I was bad at my job or not qualified (as I am more qualified that all the other people in my department including my boss) but because I was discriminated against for getting pregnant.... Sorry my bad for ranting...but had to get that off my chest.

That is awful- hope you get something sorted soon :hug:

They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back