Soo soo worried, that I will give a nasty cold to my LO!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls!

I am having a very nasty cold! Very hight temperature and all the other things! And I am dead worried that I will give it to Daniel! He is just so tiny! I have been breasfeeding him all day today, do you think because of my breast milk he will get some sort of immunity? Did anybody experienced having a bad cold while nursing your baby? Please reply, any answers will be good :hug:

Carina said:
Hi girls!

I am having a very nasty cold! Very hight temperature and all the other things! And I am dead worried that I will give it to Daniel! He is just so tiny! I have been breasfeeding him all day today, do you think because of my breast milk he will get some sort of immunity? Did anybody experienced having a bad cold while nursing your baby? Please reply, any answers will be good :hug:

It's inevitable you are going to be ill at some point or another around your babe. Your BM will provide antibodies so if he does catch it it wont be as bad. I was told by DS's doctor that the more colds they catch in the first couple of years the better as it boosts their immune system :)

Kina said:
I was told by DS's doctor that the more colds they catch in the first couple of years the better as it boosts their immune system :)

God, I hope that's true Kina. Tom's had non-stop coughs and colds for the past 6 months!

Kina: :hug: Oh, I really do hope so! :D I am feeling better today, and it doesnt seems LO is ill, so fingers crossed :pray: :pray: :pray:

TBH the more coughs and colds he catches now will give him a strong and healthy immune system later in life. HOpe you begin to feel better soon :hug:

LucyBee said:
Kina said:
I was told by DS's doctor that the more colds they catch in the first couple of years the better as it boosts their immune system :)

God, I hope that's true Kina. Tom's had non-stop coughs and colds for the past 6 months!

I think DS has had every one going and them some, bless him. DD didn't get proper poorly for the first 10 months, then she started catching them all from her toddler groups which she kindly passes on to DS. Tom has had bronchilitis hasn't he? That was the first proper illness DD had and then she came down with lots of colds after that, I think her immune system had been depleted by it, though she wasn't as poorly as Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back