WORRIED LO has a fever but therm' only goes to 38 degrees..

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
OH and I have had tummy bug - Monday night and tuesday 24 hour thing. Sickness, diarrhoea achey and headache. I felt like I had a temp. but didn't check on thermometer etc.

Anyway Imogen woke about half an hour ago and she felt so hot. I took her temp with my mothercare thermometer and it beeped at 38 degrees and went red..it is a fever alert thermometer. We gave her calpol (altho I had already given her some at 6pm as she was a bit grumpy and I thought she might be teething..bit worried that her temp was so high despite being given calpol earlier.)

Imogen has not been sick but her stools have been a little loose on and off last 2 days but I wouldn't say major diarrheoa..(not like when she had tummy bug before).

I am worried now that I don't know her accurate temperature as I think the thermometer stops at 38 degrees as this is a fever and it alerts you. :wall: :doh: I can't believe I bought that. It doesn't really tell me anything!

I think I have a strip thermometer somewhere/....do you think it's worth giving that a go??

Imogen actually seems fairly chilled and was happy to crawl about so that's a relief, but aside from lots of cuddles (with daddy at mo) and checking her temp, what else should I be doing?

I don't think it's worth contacting doctor or hospital as I think they will say give the calpol time to work... any advice girls... we have taken her babygrow off and she's just in her nappy as she was a hot bod.

Thanks for reading any advice appreciated. xx

It's down to 36.4 already and she's bright and cheery,playing away!

PHEW!..... will be keeping a close eye on her through the night.... maybe teething???? who knows maybe her top teeth may appear tomorrow morning...

:D

awww I hope she continues to get better through the night

Really hope she continued to get better and that she did get some teeth through :D
Sending very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello!

Glad she's feeling better!

You could try testing your thermometer on a cup of tea or boiling water. If it still only says 38 degrees then you'll know for sure!

I've got the tommee tippee one and it goes up really high.

Hi Ladies :wave:

Imogen didn't have a temperature Friday or yesterday so that's good.

No sign of teeth yet, but she has been quite unhappy at night (during the day she is back on form) so I think they will be making an appearance soon (hopefully). Also, she has slept more in the day...

LaineyG I didn't think to do that! I will try that...thanks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back