Something on my mind!!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this but it's been annoying me for afew weeks!! My O/H works away monday - Friday so he's only at home Friday night to early hours Monday morning!
Once the baby arrives, I'm not worried about O/H not being around and having to do it all myself, I've had lacey and coped with her so I'm sure I'll be fine but what's been playing on my mind is what if O/H doesn't bond with the baby or if it doesn't reconise him!
For the ladies who are single parents or ladies who have brought their child up before meeting someone, did the baby still bond with the father?
I'm really worried that they won't be close!!

No advice hun as I havn't been in that situation

But as long as he spends time with the baby when he is at home and has contact, talks to it etc. I am sure a bond will form.

My brother used to be in the army and was away for months at a time when my youngest nephew was born but they soon bonded and now are always with each other when he is home. My nephew adores him and really looks forward to when daddy comes home
xxx

I wouldnt worry hun, my sons favourite person in the whole world is my mum who he only see's once or twice a week for a few hours! xx

I hope I'm worrying over nothing then!! It's something I shouldn't even be thinking of yet!! O/H is great with lacey, I just want him to be as close to the new baby too!

I'm the exact same position sort of atm hunni!
My OH has been away for the last 4 weeks so I should hopefully be seeing him tonight :D But it's because he has to go where there is work as there is lack of work over here in London and he really does not want to lose his job! I'm not worried about doing night feeds on my own as I will be anyway as I intend to breastfeed, I'm just hoping he has time to bond with our new son! :)

I wouldnt worry hun, my sons favourite person in the whole world is my mum who he only see's once or twice a week for a few hours! xx

Totally agree with this - Sam loves my mum but he only sees her maybe once a week at the most! x

my oh work 7days aweek (maybe 1-2 days of every month) he leaves 6 in the morning and comes home around 7.. so i will be on my own and been worrying alittle bit about when oh and LO will spend time together.. But im not gonna complain im happy he want to work hard for us (he also support his mum and dad back in his own country)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back