Something I have found with ov tests

Jen79

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I am using one step internet cheapie ov tests this month, and I did 2yesterday, one at 11 and then one at 5. Both showed a pretty clear test line, it was however not as dark as the control line so still technically negative. This morning I did another at 8 am which is too early according to the instructions (it was not FMU though, was second) and got a clear positive. I have just tested again and its faded back to negative so despite what it tells you to do I can recommend testing in the morning to get your surge if you had a 'pretty close' the day before - if I hadnt done it I would be wondering if I was still building upto it!

i never got on with ov tests first time around for this reason, i may try them again though.

Last cycle was the first time I have tried them and found them ok but with it been my first time using them wasnt sure if I did get a positive result... ive seen the ones that takes ya temp and does it all from there so might see what they are like... problem is I dont wanna spend loads on something like that if you get me???

are u testing in the morning if so the test will not show the surge as it dosent happen in the mornin, the best time is to test in the afternoon.
the darkness of lines only work if its the same colour or darker than the control line for it to be positive, any other colours will determine a negative. i dnt think that if you line is faint one day and a lil darker the next day (not the same as control) means that you can be close to ovulating. if this makes sense at all lol

My positive wasnt as dark as the control line but by the following day it has disappeared. It mustve been a positive as we only bd'd the following day (day of ov) and following day but I ended up getting my BFP

valleygirl24 said:
My positive wasnt as dark as the control line but by the following day it has disappeared. It mustve been a positive as we only bd'd the following day (day of ov) and following day but I ended up getting my BFP

Same here Valleygirl! I ovulated within 12 hours of getting a line on an OPK, the line was no-where near as dark as the control line, next day no line at all! We only BD once, and I got my BFP too!

So please DO NOT wait for the line to be darker than the control line - my advise would be to BD from seeing a line, however faint, until there is no line at all.

With regards to testing in the morning, the hormone can store up in the body over night and give a false positive. I recommend testing at 2pm (ish) and again before you go to bed!

u say till u see no line at all..but i always have a line on it, its faint but always a line. kinda strange that it happened to both of you hmmm :think:

same for me too valleygirl. I'd been trying for roughly 12 months.. the month i got my BFP i'd used an OPK for the first time and testing in the morning.. got a dark line BD that night and 2 weeks later got BFP... plannign on doing the same this time around in December (thats when we can start trying)

good luck to everyone using them.
H x

jemz24 said:
u say till u see no line at all..but i always have a line on it, its faint but always a line. kinda strange that it happened to both of you hmmm :think:

In that case BD until the line is at its faintest again! :D

Yes its weird how we both got our BFP's and went off very similar looking OPK's by the sound of it!

It was my first month using them as well (2nd month TTC having been on the pill for an incredible 18 years)!

I got pretty dark lines on friday, bd friday night. Got the dead strong line on sat morning but couldnt bd sat night as OH was out on the piss :x But bd last night too so :pray: that did the trick! Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back