• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Somehow I'm In My 3rd Trimester..

Ali The Viking

Reaction score
Hi All,

I found out on the 25th August 2010 that I am pregnant. Not just 'pregnant', but 28 weeks and 3 days pregnant! And no I didn't have a clue. So here I am, just two weeks in the 'know', still feeling completely stupid and heading straight to the 3rd trimester section of the forum!
Let me explain my story a little better, so you don't all think I'm lacking in grey matter and a threat to the gene pool.
About three weeks ago I had finally had enough of the stomach cramps I'd been getting on and off for a while. When I layed down on my back I suddenly seemed to have a hard lump in my belly which obviously wasn't 'normal'. My husband said "enough's enough. Doctors. ASAP" and me being me left it another week before making an appointment, due to the fact I was convinced I had some horribly painful cyst or tumour growing in my guts. I marched myself off to the surgery and explained my symptoms to my doctor who agreed it could be a cyst, or serious muscle problems.. or a 'pregnancy'. :shock:
Even when he suggested the word 'pregnancy' the penny didn't drop. My husband is supposed to be firing blanks and i'm so irregular with my periods, its not unusual for me to go 4 or 5 months without one. So it honestly NEVER occured to me. The doctor booked me in for a scan the following day so we could see what was 'going on', and being a pro-active kinda gal', I decided on my way home to pop in the chemists to pick up a pregnancy test. No need to wait 2 minutes for the result of THAT test! The + came up quicker than my pee hit the stick! So it finally dawned on me. I was going to be a 'mum'.:oooo:
The shock was a little much for my head to cope with if truth be told. I was resigned to the fact we couldn't have children and at the age of 34 I was actually very comfortable with that knowledge. I've never had a biological clock ticking away inside me urging me to have a baby. And my husband has two grown up kids so wasn't looking to have any more.
Anyway. I told Husband and he was chuffed to bits at the prospect of being a dad again! It was just me that wasn't sure it was what I wanted!
We went for the scan the following day expecting to be told I was maybe 3 months gone. Nah. I don't do things by half me! He tells me 7 bloody months!! My face must of been a picture! So here I am. Finally excited about meeting my baby in the very near future! (due about the 16th November). And I'm still waiting for a proper scan and a midwife to contact me. I would of thought I was a fairly urgent 'case'? Looks like I'm going to have to start harrassing them for some help/advice/antenatal/whateverelse i'm supposed to have cos' I'm very aware that I'm running out of time..!!

wow. thats rather amazing. congrats and good luck on the rest of your pregnancy! xxx

Wow!! What a shock for you both! But all rather exciting i bet! Congratulations! Are you going to be finding out the sex of baby?

Last edited:
Hey hun....what an amazin story... Ur due same date as me lol n im like a balloon n can just bout walk lol congrats on ur news tho n am glad ur oh is happy. I would urgently chase hospital up with ur scan n ask bout folic acid etc ny advice or info just ask... Where u from.. Xx

It happened to my MIL with my OH so its not uncommon!

Congratulations :) xxx

Hi wow thats an amazing story Congratulations, best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy xx

Wow, what an amazing story, congratulations. I would normally wish a happy and healthy 9 months but its a happy and healthy 2months x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That is absolutely crazy! x great story x

Wow amazing congrats to u both and gd luck

very crazy time. Congratulations :) x

WOW!!!!! congrats hun hope it all goes well for you xx

Oh my God Wow!! Good job you went to the docs when you did then - you could have been like one those 'I didn't know I was pregnant' stories!

Are you excited? Must be quite daunting and a lot to get your head around! Are you working?

xx

Wow, that's awesome!!! Glad your OH is happy, and if it's any consolation, I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and I still haven't got used to the idea and haven't bought much at all!!! :p
Least you've found a lovely friendly forum to ask any questions, I know I'd be lost without the girls on here :)

wow,

congratulations!

hope ur midwife n docs n hospital get there act together n get all ur tests & scans done and stufs,

i think people noticed i was pregnant from bout 15weeks, lol i look like a bus now!!

oh ps, post a pic ov ur bump :)

xxx

Hello again!

Wow!! What a shock for you both! But all rather exciting i bet! Congratulations! Are you going to be finding out the sex of baby?

I definately want to know the sex of the baby, I've had enough surprises to last me a lifetime!

Hey hun....what an amazin story... Ur due same date as me lol n im like a balloon n can just bout walk lol congrats on ur news tho n am glad ur oh is happy. I would urgently chase hospital up with ur scan n ask bout folic acid etc ny advice or info just ask... Where u from.. Xx

I'm finding it harder to walk now, and being pretty active, i'm finding it strange having to slow down! The midwife FINALLY phoned me yesterday morning. Even though I'd explained my situation to the receptionist at the surgery, they still didn't pass the message on to the midwife and she had no idea how far along I am. She sounded quite suprised when I told her. So hopefully i'll get a scan next week. I've already started on the folic acid (I got pregnacare tablets) but I'm sure its going to be too little too late on that one, so i'll just have to wait and see. The baby's formed. Any damage inflicted is done already. I'm from Iver, Buckinghamshire.

Oh my God Wow!! Good job you went to the docs when you did then - you could have been like one those 'I didn't know I was pregnant' stories!

Are you excited? Must be quite daunting and a lot to get your head around! Are you working?

xx

I know! And i'm the worlds worst for reading about stuff like that in a magazine and saying 'silly moo! how could she not know?!' I think its a lesson learned for me!!:x
I'm very excited now. I just hope my baby comes out ok. I smoked and drank right up to the point I found out I was pregnant and thats a huge worry for me now. If I've damaged my baby i'll never forgive myself.
I'm a tractor driver in a country park near Heathrow. Obviously i'm not allowed near it now due to all the various risk assessments and don't have much to do all day at work. They won't let me do anything.

Thanks for all your comments and good wishes! Its much appreciated.

What an amazing story hunny, it brought a tear to my eye (Im very emotional today!)
Congratulations, glad youve gotten your head around it now and you and OH are happy and looking forward to the baby!
Im so jealous, at least you dont have to wait for 9 months to see your baby though!! Im getting very impatient now lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back