Some questions

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm pretty new here. I posted a couple of days ago on the "am I pregnant" forum

I wanted to ask if there are any woman who identify as lesbians on here TTC? And your experiences if you're willing to share. I've been out as a lesbian since the age of 19, and had never had sex with a man till about two weeks ago. It was going to be a self insemination and then, well sex just happened.

I had been keeping track of my period using an app on my iphone last year after I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding. But I stopped keeping track this year. I managed to work out my May period and put that info plus June's period in the calendar. Its saying my period could be due on the 10th of this month. Anyway all this is getting quite confusing, I'm not sure how long my cycle is anymore as I hadn't been recording it. Is there a good place to chart my menstrual cycle online?
I'm still having the symptoms that I posted about on the "am I pregnant" forum. And I realise that maybe I am having these symptoms because I'm thinking about it alot, I guess because I'd never slept with a man before and never had these symptoms before its making me think that I could very well be pregnant. I've got home pregnancy tests bought and on stand by.

Sorry for all the questions, this is all very new for me, btw I'm 28 years old, although I sound like a teenager haha.

pinky x

Hey pinky. If your period doesn't show and ur symptoms continue around when u think its due then take the hpt!
I can't advise on a charting site but I am sure someone else will.

I use an app on my iphone and also fertilityfriend.com

I would say that the only way you are going to know for sure is to wait for the estamated due day of your AF and then test if no signs,

I hope you get the result that your after hunni x xx

Did you just have sex the once? i mean I know that's all it takes but it would be an amazing result if you were! Just being nosy but now that you have done it would you do it again? I dont know if insemination is better or worse for getting bfp, it would be interesting to find out. I think it's fab that you are trying anyway, best of luck for the 10th. x
Clem

Hi Clem,

I spent 2 nights with him 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't sleep with him again but maybe if I met a decent guy, I might consider having sex again. I never thought I would be able to sleep with a guy....EVER lol, I quiet enjoyed it the first time. I dunno maybe sexuality is fluid and not fixed for life. I don't regret it, but I know I'm way more attracted to women.

At times I'm totally getting my hopes up and then other times I just can't see how it would be possible to get pregnant after having sex twice, I know it is physically possible but it takes most people a while. And I know I'm feeling lots of symptoms but I'm thinking would I notice them so much if I hadn't had sex? Its getting a bit confusing:roll:

Pinky

may I ask if you were going for the insamination (and having a femaler partner) or are you just a single lady who wants to become a mum? Good luck on getting a BFP I hope this is your month. And even with one time of intercourse it is just a possible as having sex all the time (if the time of the sex was right) :D

I'm a single womentrying to have a baby. Yeah according to my charts I had sex at my most fertile time. Just have to wait and see.

Pinky x

Hmmmm I'm sitting here crying.....pms???? I was told that a friend had had her baby this weekend and I'm so pleased for but at the same time I'm like awww I wish it was me too :cry: I know this is only my 1st TTC but its all a bit more complicated than that, stuff I wouldn't go into and I just want something to go right!

Yep this feels like me every month at this time :(

We know how you feel, everyone on here wants it very badly, every month is a disapointment for most of us, but with any luck you hit the jackpot first time, loads of people do, especially if particularly fertile; I guess a lot of us who have been here a while just arent that fertile, I have friends who say they are going to start trying and then a month later bingo they are pregnant, it can happen, just not to me! Some people take a lot longer, it's just nature.... FX for you as I can see your situation is a lot harder than just bullying ones husband into a bit of BD! xx

We know how you feel, everyone on here wants it very badly, every month is a disapointment for most of us, but with any luck you hit the jackpot first time, loads of people do, especially if particularly fertile; I guess a lot of us who have been here a while just arent that fertile, I have friends who say they are going to start trying and then a month later bingo they are pregnant, it can happen, just not to me! Some people take a lot longer, it's just nature.... FX for you as I can see your situation is a lot harder than just bullying ones husband into a bit of BD! xx

Thanks Clem,
I feel quite selfish for wanting to be pregnant when I see so many of you ladies who've had such a hard time. I've still got the same symptoms that I've had since I just before I joined here. But as AF is due on Saturday I woke up this morning thinking "I'm defo not pregnant" Being realistic, I'm only 28 so I have time, but as you say I can't bully a husband into a bit of BD lol. If I don't get a BFP this time maybe its just not the right time :roll: Wish it was though. Anyway just read your recent post and see your feeling a bit low. Hope you get your BFP soon!!!!!

Pinky x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back