some pregnancy Tests don't work

Jackie10301988

Reaction score
I bought a pregnancy test I was probably a little over a month pregnant and it came out negative but when I went to the doctor theirs came out positive so if You take one that comes out negative and have symptoms I'd still go to the doctors to make sure

good point..
althought my tests came up positive and the doctors came up negative :)

Hiya. My tests were showing positive and doctors negative. I was told that when I tested the egg was fertilized. By the time I went to doctor the egg didn't managed to implant itself and got lost ( no bleeding thought). Three months on I am having positive tests again and I am scared to go to doctor in case they tell me it's negative again. Might give it a few days.

My friend is a GP and tells me that they use exactly the same ones as the over the counter shop bought ones and are therefore no more reliable or unreliable.

I took 2 home tests and both came out positive and my GP friend said 2 of 2 was fine and she didn't think I needed to have it confirmed by my GP. I left my tests about 5 days apart so as to give everything time.

I'd think you were just unlucky with your first test. Maybe the hormone reading or whatever it was was just not strong enough at the time you took it.

Congrats on your pregnancy btw :)

many thanks for your reply. Is the doctor going to send me for a scan or blood tests when I tell them I have had positive tests?

Kimbo said:
good point..
althought my tests came up positive and the doctors came up negative :)
:rotfl: :rotfl: trust you :roll:

Petra said:
many thanks for your reply. Is the doctor going to send me for a scan or blood tests when I tell them I have had positive tests?

Once you've took a few more at home and got positives, the doctor probably wouldn't bother - although as you haven't had AF for a while they'll probably send you for an early scan just to check your dates.

ask the doctor to to the pregnancy test where they draw your blood that one i think is very accurate I mine came out positive and I was only 3 weeks at the time but I never knew because the doctor never called me to tell me

i did 2x asda own and 1 cleerblue over 5 weeks because i had 2 doctors ones and they came back neg lol..

im now 18 weeks gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back