• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some latest name ideas...

kay126

Reaction score
OK so a close friend (who doesnt know Im pregnant- no one does except OH, his mum and sisters and my sisters) has just decided one of her top names for a boy is Caleb!!! NOOOOO!!! I have to persuade her off it because its my OH and mine one and only boys name we have our heart set on and ill be so gutted if she uses it and her baby is going to be born first :'-( I know its petty but I cant name my baby Caleb if she names her son Caleb two months earlier BAH! Anyone else been in a similar situation? Am I being really petty ? I just really could cry about it and I dont even know if Im having a boy LOL!

So... this evening Ive been having a browse at other name ideas for Boys in case I can't have Caleb I was thinking;

Ruben? I like it will have to present it too OH when he gets in from work...

this has just happened to me me, i had my heart on lilly rose if we were having a girl, which we now know we are. and my friend has just called her girl lilly grace just too simillar. we just cant think of another girls name we both love!! i know exactly how you feel!!x

Kay I completely understand here, start looking at others incase as you have a long time ahead of you in pregnancy, and rather than try a disuade her, I would say yes that's nice (don't gt excited about it), and never mention that name again, this should work better , and who knows she may not feel as strongly about the name as you and move on to another long list of shortlisted names, 40 weeks is a long time, and names change. And like you say, you could have a girl and she could have girl before your baby too!

I know I know, there are plenty other names out there but once you get stuck on one its hard specially as she found out yesterday shes having a boy, we shall see like its been pointed out i may even have a girl, I guess whatever shall be shall be eh :)

She might change her mind, you never know! I know i chose a name when i found out my 2nd son was a boy but i soon changed my mind.

But saying that Ruben is a lush name!

You need to test drive names by using it alot, then suddenly you find it has stuck or you have gone off the, Caleb is lovely and Ruben too x

What about girls names , what do you like?

Too be honest I havent thought about girls names as much- for some reason Im convinced its a little boy and because I think that I find it harder to sit down and ponder girls names lol.

The one that always comes up is Summer, I do like Elena as well but I havent found a girls name that ive absolutely fallen in love with, I want something that will go with the middle name Hilda but I cant seem to find anything with a ring to it :(

Thanks for the advice ladies ive calmed down a bit now, what will be will be and if she names her son Caleb then everything happens for a reason and my possible son (could still be a girl) lol would obviously have not been meant for that name... :) xxx

I love the name Summer! Oh ok I'm a teensy weensy bit biased-DD is called Summer! Lol x xYou have some lovely name choices x

it is very pretty helen! and its the only one i could see myself naming a little girl as at the moment, oh likes it too :) xxx

i like ruben, more then caleb. Summer is a good choice aswell xx

my two best friends have just gone through this. They both had their hearts set on William and in the end they just agreed to both use it. They find it quite cute now and often laugh about it together... It might be a bit weird but if its a name you like then use it - shouldn't really matter about anyone else xxx

my sil used my name id picked for her cat and it put me off the name so i had to rethink and once you get thinking its easier than you think to come up with newer ones its just getting the original name out of your head i do like caleb tho x

Me and my OH had the name Cayden in our list before his brother and his gf had chosen there babys name then they chose jayden so we cant use cayden now or itll sound silly lol So i no how u feel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back