Some advice and/or reassurance needed

Claire1972

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for some advice please or maybe just some reassurance that I'm OK. :?

I have been TTC since Dec 2007, came off the pill after 19 years on it. I am currently on CD22.

Last Thursday (CD17) was my expected ovulation date - I tested since the previous Monday (CD 13) and got nothing but negatives. I also noticed that I appeared to have a lack of CM which is unusual for me.

CD17 - On the expected day of my ovulation, I noticed some light brown creamy discharge and had a raging bad headache. OPK negative (AM and PM). I didn't have my usual ovulation pains now that I think back.
CD18 - feeling cold, tired and headache had some light brown bleeding - only there when I wiped. OPK negative (AM and PM)
CD19 - Still got that headache and deep brown blood - still not enough for a tampon, only panty liner.
CD20 - Headache still there with deep brown blood - again still not enough for a tampon, so only using panty liners.
CD21 - Very, very light discharge again only used a liner. OPK negative (AM & PM).
CD22 (today) - No bleeding or discharge - just bad spots on my chin!!

So, should I count this bleed as a period and start calculating my cycle again or just count it as I would normally?

Has this happened to anyone else? What do you think?

Cheers, C x x

well i know what it sounds like to me, are you sure you didnt ovulate much earleir on inyour cycle? because what your describing sounds abit like implantation spotting.
I might be wrong though! Have you tested lately, or are they still negative?

Hi

I'm looking for some advice please or maybe just some reassurance that I'm OK. :?

I have been TTC since Dec 2007, came off the pill after 19 years on it. I am currently on CD22.

Last Thursday (CD17) was my expected ovulation date - I tested since the previous Monday (CD 13) and got nothing but negatives. I also noticed that I appeared to have a lack of CM which is unusual for me.

CD17 - On the expected day of my ovulation, I noticed some light brown creamy discharge and had a raging bad headache. OPK negative (AM and PM). I didn't have my usual ovulation pains now that I think back.
CD18 - feeling cold, tired and headache had some light brown bleeding - only there when I wiped. OPK negative (AM and PM)
CD19 - Still got that headache and deep brown blood - still not enough for a tampon, only panty liner.
CD20 - Headache still there with deep brown blood - again still not enough for a tampon, so only using panty liners.
CD21 - Very, very light discharge again only used a liner. OPK negative (AM & PM).
CD22 (today) - No bleeding or discharge - just bad spots on my chin!!

So, should I count this bleed as a period and start calculating my cycle again or just count it as I would normally?

Has this happened to anyone else? What do you think?

Cheers, C x x

well i know what it sounds like to me, are you sure you didnt ovulate much earleir on inyour cycle? because what your describing sounds abit like implantation spotting.
I might be wrong though! Have you tested lately, or are they still negative?

Hi and welcome :wave:

Hmmm, bit confusing, not sure but my best guess is that if you've been testing with opks since CD13 and no ov then you've either ov'd early, yet to ov or have an anovatory (sp?) cycle.
If you ov'd CD11 or 12 then your bit of bleeding would tie in with an implantation bleed. sometimes you can get a bit of a bleed with ov but if you're testing for ov on the days when you got the bleed and they were negative than that's not likely.
Do you remember what your cm was like before CD13? If you ov'd early and the blood was implantation then a HPT might show up now but if your going to ov late then I'd carry on testing with OPK's (assuming you've got a few spare).

Personally I wouldn't count that small amount of blood as a period but our bodies can do strange things at times! :hug:

Sounds to me like an implatation bleed.

I had this when I fell pregnant with my son, it was exactly how you described, brownish for a few days but not heavy enough for a tampon/towel.

I could be wrong, but if there is any chance you could have ovulated earlier, then this is what I think it could be.

I do hope it is!!!!! Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back