So worried

bubble216

Reaction score
Hi all - I've only just registered to this forum, seems like a real community here which is great :)

My partner and I have recently decided to try for a baby. Its a bit complicated but basically we had unprotected sex on the 11th Jan and we both agreed that I'd take the morning after pill which I did. My period then started on the 18th Jan (10 days early!). It was this that caused us to discuss more seriously about having a baby and we've decided to give it a go.

I'm not sure if taking the pill means that this month it is unlikely for us to concieve. I have been monitoring the mucous (gross sorry!) for an indictor and interestingly it seemed most fertile on the 23rd Jan which didn't make sense to me since that would only work out at day 6 of my cycle - can someone ovulate so early?

I would love a baby and would love it to be this month that we fall pregnant but I know that may be unlikely.

Sorry for the long post x

Hi bubble :) you can ovulate that early but it would be quite unusual. Your body can also have a few attempts to ovulate in any cycle, so you might see several patches of fertile mucus. All you can do I'm afraid is see how you go and if you seem to have fertile mucus get on with it!!

I'm sorry I don't know how the morning after pill would affect the following cycle. How long are your cycles normally?

Lots of luck! :hug:

:wave:

Iv only taken the morning after pill once and it didnt effect the length of my cycle. Every ones different though. :hug: good Luck TTC, hope you get a BFP soon

Thanks for the replies :hug: my cycle is normally 28 days which means i'm due on valentine's day! I feel like AF is about to come soon though got cramps and back ache. Also have really bad water retention my tummy is really swollen - starting to feel a bit down about it actually because I'm wary of my weight. Is water retention an early pregnancy sign?

x

I'm not TTC but thought i would let you know that the M.A.P doesn't always work. I got pregnant with my daughter after taking the M.A.P about 48 hours after intercourse and we had only had unprotected sex once!

Lola's Mummy said:

I'm not TTC but thought i would let you know that the M.A.P doesn't always work. I got pregnant with my daughter after taking the M.A.P about 48 hours after intercourse and we had only had unprotected sex once!

Thanks for the reply hun x I recently was diagnosed with a urinary infection last wednesday and the doc decided to send off a sample for testing as well as pregnancy test. That came back as negative - doc said it was likely to come back negative because its too early anyway. I'm confused my belly is really swollen. I've finished the antibiotics and the doc says they should have worked.

Last wed I also passed a very small amount of blood when I went toilet - doc says that would be due to the infection. I wonder if it could be implanation bleeding. Want to know so badly - gonna drive myself crazy at this rate!

If you seemed at your most fertile on 23 Jan and we assume that you ovulated on that date you would be 13 days past ovulation now. At that point you may well get a positive on a home pregnancy test if you are pregnant, although of course if you get a negative it doesn't mean that you aren't pregnant, it could just be too early.

So if you feel like its driving you out of your mind and taking a test would help go ahead. Tomorrow morning with your first wee of the day would be most likely to pick up on the pregnancy hormones.

Fingers crossed for you!

Hope you get your BFP soon hun :hug:
Take a test and let us know how you go.

Meg xx

Thanks hun, decided not to take the test quite yet- dont want to get disappointed and its likely to be negative since i'm not due AF till 14th Feb.

My boobs are senstive today and got AF type cramps. I'm guessing that could just be AF coming.

Doctor examined my tummy today cos it has been swollen. He reckons its IBS. Grr. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back