so upset!

fran_23

Reaction score
i posted this in the maternity pay bit..but what the hell! i never read that bit before so i dunno how many ppl read it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm sooooo peed off right now, i found out today my work arent gonna pay me maternity pay after them telling me they had sorted it all out and that i'm actually not entitled as they thought i was because i've been there since october!
this is the last thing i needed to find out when i'm 2 weeks away from giving birth as now i'm gonna have to sort it out with the jobcentre and we all know what they are like...useful as a chocolate teapot. i could of sorted it weeks ago if they just told me, i'm so upset now i cant stop crying i dont know how i'm gonna cope!

oh thats horrible news hun!! Sorry to hear work have pissed you about!

I hope you can get it all sorted.

Keely xxxx

awww thats awfull i hope you get it sorted soon, you dont need the stress don't let it get you down :D

xhannahx

Awww, how horrible. Just what you don't need at the minute.

Have you managed to speak to the jobcentre yet?

not yet because i'm going into work later to go through it with them..i've looked it all up on the government site and according to that i am entitled to smp..if i go to the jobcentre they'll say they cant pay me its down to my work..so i'm gonna go in and show them what i printed off to see what they say! what a time to drop it on you though..with 2 weeks to go! i'm really angry now i'm done being upset! lol

you should definetley be entitled to SMP (statutory maternity pay) this is payed to you from the government.

i recieved this with my last child coz i didn't earn enough to get money from my employer, i got £65 per
week.

good luck.xx

You go girl. Get angry!!!!! :twisted:

Let us know how you get on.

Fran did you previously recieve anything from your work place in writing to state that they were going to pay you?

Good luck when you go in to further discuss the situation with them, hopefully you'll come to a comprimise - I'll keep mi fingers crossed for you.

thanks :) no i hadnt received the written confirmation i had to go and ask what was going on! this is what makes me angry i sent them my matb1 over 6 weeks ago when i first got it my boss said she'd sent it and it was all sorted and gave me my leaving and return dates..plus told me how much holiday pay i would be getting. they could have told me earlier so i could sort it with the jobcentre. but they are just trying to wriggle out of it for some reason! i have a good mind to claim for stress caused!

to top it all off over the last half an hour i've developed what feels like period pain, got a low backache and twinges up my back which are slowly getting worse...so i hope they havent sent me into early labour!!

Fran, you poor thing. You don't need this stress! Bloody bosses :x

Were you pregnant when you started work? I started my job in Oct and got pregnant (by accident) in Nov and have faced opposition at work so I can empathise a bit.

Keep strong, and just know that even if you have to re-evaluate everything financially you WILL cope, and find a way.

You know why they say women are like tea bags? Cause you never know how strong we are until you put us in hot water!

Best of luck :hug:

aw thank you hun, that saying is so true! i started in october and found out i was 7 weeks pregnant in december so i was already there before i was pregnant there was 2 other pregnant ladies so i blame the water in the staff room..as i was on the pill!

i know i'll sort it out its just i'm so emotional, hot and uncomfortable that was the last thing i wanted to hear!

anyway i'm so happy my baby is nearly here no ones gonna steal my thunder!!

xx

I think you have to have worked there for at least 22 weeks before you are entitled to SMP. but you should be able to claim maternity allowance.
As far as i know its paid by the givernmant not your emplyers, but don't qoute me on that as i'm not 100% sure. did you get the pregnacy to birth book from the midwife when you had the booking in with her as that has all the details of rights etc in the back or phone C.A.B

yeah what it is, is now they are saying that i've worked there long enough to claim smp from them (26 weeks) but that i didnt earn enough weekly to get paid smp by them so i'll have to claim maternity allowance from the government (through the job centre) however i worked out from the gov website that i did earn enough and if i go to the jobcentre they will pass me back to my work and say it lies with them! my boss wasnt in today but i will be showing her my findings 2mo..i think they're just trying it and thought i would so "oh ok then" well i'm not gonna they have to pay me!!

This is the basic just of what happened when i spoke to my work!
they arent gonna budge!!!

they said because my average wage for the 8 weeks before and including my qualifying week was under 84 quid...ironically it was because i spent a week in hospital due to a threatened miscarriage at 19 weeks and a further week off work for rest after this and got no sick pay as i was stil temp staff at that point!! i'm really fed up now coz they say theres nothing they can do, thats just how it works and i only missed out by like 3 quid.

and they chose to tell me this 2 weeks before i'm due and also the b*tch on the phone from HR said to me "oh i knew you were going to kick up about this"

fran_23 said:
also the b*tch on the phone from HR said to me "oh i knew you were going to kick up about this"

ARRGGG Bitch!! I bet she would have kicked off if it was her too!!! silly cow!!!

I dont know much about all this so I cant really help .... but if you wait till i have had the baby i will come and help you kick the shit out of that HR women!!! :rotfl:

xxxx

LMAO..me and my mum already decided to track her down and kick her ass so your welcome to come :)

i said to her "of course i'm kicking off you drop this on me at the worst possible time" and she pretended to be all understanding! GRRRR

just realised you are dead on a week behind me!! I am 39 wks today and you are 38!! you must be due on the 21st??? that was my first due date before i had my scan! xxx

yeah i just realised that aswell..yeh i'm due on 22nd your so lucky having 7 days left!!

how you feeling today? are you still getting majorly kicked in whatever side the baby decides to dangle his legs?? i am..lol

haha yer he is having his normal wiggle at the min... little bumps popping out all over my belly and pushing his bum up into my right rib!! OWWW

I dont feel like i have 7 days left cos I am sure i will go over. xxx

i have that dreaded feeling aswell..i'm trying to enjoy the last moments of sleeping when you want etc..except i cant coz i have to keep peeing and i keep jumping when he kicks me in the ribs and pushes his little feet out so they stick outta the side of me!!

have you thought of any names you really want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back