So there was a knock on my door...

daftscotslass

Reaction score
And there were two tweed-dressed men in their 60s standing there.

"Have you ever thought about dying?" the first one said to me. I was tempted to say "no, but I've thought about killing".

Anyway, they went on to ask if I went to church, what I thought about the state of the earth and if I believed in heaven. AARGH! Not Jehovah's witnesses, though, not sure who they were. One of the guys actually had his foot wedged in my doorway!! How on earth do you get rid of these people normally? Becky squealed right on cue and I smiled and said goodbye but ACK!

My ex husband was a Witness and his father and brother still are, according to them if you tell them sorry i respect your belief but have no interest in hering about it, goodbye, and politley shut the door in there face they will just leave.

But if those dont work i found these on the net

"I answer the door with a bloody knife and say, "I'm sorry, could you come back in a half hour? We're not done with the virgin yet.""

"When you open the door and there's one there saying, "hello, I'm collecting for the Jehovah's witnesses...", interrupt them and say, "Great, I'm Jehovah. How much have we made so far?"

Or you could just ignore the door? lol
Peek through the window first, if there old its a no go :talkhand:
If there young an sexy open the door naked haha nah im only jokin.
Just tell them to come back next year! works with everyone!

He had his foot in your door :shock: That's completely out of order!

We had the Jehovah's witnesses come round once when I was in 6th year. I was doing Higher RE (I thought it would be a fun skive, how wrong was I!) so I discussed Hell with them with my knowledge to the origins of the word, imagery and interpretations far outstripping theirs then they went on their way. :rotfl: I'm sure there are not many people who scare off the Jehovah's witnesses :rotfl:

I tell them I'm a pagan Witch... they don't last long :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: They usually just gawp at me while I close the door in their face... Funnily enough, once I've said it once, they avoid my house like the plague :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My mum always tells them she is late for her appointment to give blood!! They soon leave....

Ha ha i just tell them im not interested and shut the door.

Im going to put a sign up telling them all to bog off.

My DH tells them his name is John-Paul and he is catholic (he's not religious at all but they dont need to know that)

i just make my excuses and close the door! either that or i peek out and dont open it if i know who they are :lol:

I just tell them I am an atheist 8) they dont know what to say then :lol: and they dont come back either! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lisa

Just seem really enthusiastic and interested and they get all confused because nobody ever lets them get to the point where they actually have to say something. :D Then they turn around and say they will call back another time. Scares them shitless LOL. It works.....its something me and my boyfriend learnt this without even meaning too....I think we are too nice?!? :rotfl:

I never know what to say :oops:

I had 2 men the other day asking if they could come in for a cuppa and a chat :shock: No way :talkhand:

omg dont get me started!! we've got a couple of women who knocked on the door once, and asked me what i thought about religion to which i replied 'i dont know, but i know for sure one religion should claim to be superior to another, or claim special status on judgement day for its members'

the woman completly side stepped what i said and was going on about the good god does. so i asked about all the bad that happens. she said she'd come back another time

week later im waiting for a delivery, knock at the door, i answer without thinking, and there she is again, she offers me a book to read, so i told her to save it for someone who would bother to read it.

the following week im just on my way out, when she turns up AGAIN this time with some 'lighter reading' some leaflets :wall: so i took them, thanked her and told her i was on my way out , to which she replied 'oh shall i call back another day.' i was like dont bother wasting your time find someone whos interested im sure theyd appreciate it more.

i must look like a lost soul in need of saving or something :wall:

chickadee1976 said:
"I answer the door with a bloody knife and say, "I'm sorry, could you come back in a half hour? We're not done with the virgin yet.""

"When you open the door and there's one there saying, "hello, I'm collecting for the Jehovah's witnesses...", interrupt them and say, "Great, I'm Jehovah. How much have we made so far?"
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I want one to come to my house NOW just so i can say these to them!!

I dont think they have ever knocked at my door! I love a good debate aswell..

Claire x

I usually say I'm not interested, or too busy with my baby to think about anything else, but last time they knocked on the door (yes, that seems to be very common around here) I told them in a very strong French accent (which I normally DON'T have, at least not as much!): "I'm sorry I don't understand English. I've just moved to England." They apologized saying they couldn't speak French and left :rotfl:

andreaaa said:
My DH tells them his name is John-Paul and he is catholic (he's not religious at all but they dont need to know that)

That's what my Dad does too!!! Although he's not called John-Paul! :lol:

He tells them he's catholic, and they scarper! Apparently they think catholics are "un-convertable"!

i tend to say things like, "im not 'forcing' my beliefs on you, please don't do the same to me!". but tbh i don't open the door to them. In a way i respect the fact that they go around trying to spread the word of something that has obviously been a help to them, and are sometimes the only human contact some older people get, but i don't like people preaching to me. so i try and cut the conversation as short as possible, why waste their and my time.

But i have had someone put there foot in the door before (and they where collecting for an animal charity). I said something along the lines of if they didn't remove their foot immediately then i was quite happy for them to stand on my door step whilst i called the police complaining of harassment. They quickly appoligised and moved on. thinking about it, they didn't knock after that. :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back