So sad :(

missac

Reaction score
Some of you may know that my best friend is the headteacher from the school I taught at in Scotland, she is 60 - which some of you might think is odd but I think the older you get the more age just doesn't make a differece!

Anyway I always go up there and stay with her and her partner Andrew, I go with Thomas and they think he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Anyway, I got a phonecall yesterday from Margaret (the friend) crying, saying that Andrew had gone to play football the night before and had collapsed and died, he was 45. He was the fittest man ever hill walking biking etc and he hadn't been ill. He just went.

I am just devestated by this, for the sake of Margaret and for the fact that I have lost such a lovely friend, he was so so funny, and just adored Thomas.

Just thought I would share that with you. Just makes you think though doesn't it, we try and try to be healthy and somethimes when its your time it is just your time.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend :hug:
45 is young :( His poor family - you must feel so shocked :(

Thanks everyone, the funeral is on Wednesday so I will be there for that and I am going to spend mon and tues with Margaret which is good. I am then going to go up for a week in Jan with Thomas.

She is doing really well considering, it is just so heart breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back