So Sad

Mummy-D

Reaction score
Just been for a walk along the canal with my ds and we saw the RNLI lifeboat on the water. At first i thought that maybe they were just on a training exercise, but as we got further along, we saw all the coastguards and the police cars.

Spoke to a couple that we passed and they said they were looking for a young boy aged approx 12 who had gone into the water.

My ds who is 6 & 1/2 said to me "its okay mum because they will find him wont they?" so i decided that i needed to be honest with him to explain just how dangerous the water is and told him that they would be looking for the little boys body and that he had died and he wouldnt be able to come back to life again.

I just kept :hug: my ds and thinking what someone poor mum & dad are going through right now
xx

:? He might not be dead- he might have just wandered off somewhere. IMHO I don't think I would have been so 'conclusive' about the little boy being dead. :think:

Jade&evie i know what you are saying, but the alarm had been raised because the boy had got into difficulty in the water.

Oh has just got home from work and said that he passed all the police cars and the rescue helicopter leaving so i think they have possibly found him. I am sure it will be in the local paper tomorrow :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back