So sad this, especially for the poor twins...

I don't think it is fair to impose such drastic beliefs,religious or otherwise,on children who have not yet made up their own minds.Personally I'd rather be disowned than dead.

Also I'm pretty sure they don't take blood from HIV positive people,also I think they check for diseases

I think that it's taking a parents rights away and totally disagree. There has also been evidence that people have received blood transfusions and have gone on to develop CJD.

I think that is the trouble that the people making the decisions have - just how much right do you give the parents. I think it is a very difficult one and for doctors who are bound to save the lifes of patients it must be a nightmare.

I think for the moment the courts are right to allow doctors to intervene with children. I think you have to think of the rights of the child as well - and the child may not be in a position to state their rights or beliefs.

The state soon intervenes when it feels that the parents are putting their childen's life at risk due to other factors - overfeeding, neglect etc. Surely allowing them to die when they could be saved is the ultimate in 'neglect' at that moment even if the parents cannot see that for themselves.

I think its crap. What god would want a young woman to die with babies just brought onto this earth - no 'god'would want that.

Them poor babies are never going to know their mother.

Kina said:
I think that it's taking a parents rights away and totally disagree. There has also been evidence that people have received blood transfusions and have gone on to develop CJD.

What about the rights of the child?Its right to a long and happy life,nbot cut short by a belief inflicted upon it?

Again,better the risk of CJD than death

You cant argue with religion, if someone believes in it then they wont change it for anything or anyone...

x

I can understand your point but I still believe that the rights of a parent, their beliefs and values should be respected. I imagine in their eyes that if a child was given a transfusion they would be condemned, if then they also went on to develop CJD they'd die anyway and would be condemned to hell, so in their eyes they'd be saving their children from being damned.
I'm not saying that I agree with their choice, I and my children would have blood transfusions if it was necessary, but I do think that it's wrong for their rights to be taken away because the medical world and people outside their religion don't agree with them. You argue that the child doesn't get a say, well what if they wouldn't want it either? Why should a blood transfusion be imposed on them because a stranger says it should?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back