• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So fed up

katie_lou

Reaction score
As the title says really am so fed up my child does not sleep . She had a nap at half 8 for about 20 mins and she has not slept since . No matter what I do she will not sleep . I look for all the cues for when she's sleepy and put her in her cot and nothing she lays there screaming , I try ad rock her she screams .

I feel like banging my head against a brick wall . Everyone says this wi get easier but it's not it's getting worst . Xxxx

It's just so Hard . Am sitting her crying ..I feel so stuiped . X

Ditto! K's naps have been max 20 mins and she has been up 5-6 times a night. I feel like I am going insane. :hugs: to you!

Ah you poor thing :(

Have you tried putting her down on your bed or the sofa instead of the cot? Could just be a fussy phase? xxxx

Have you tried laying with her in your bed or the sofa then gradually moving her at all???

xxx

I will try her in my bed I hope it works ... She's so grumpy as she's over tired , normally she settles when I rock her but today she screamed the house down . Am not sure if her gums are hurting her and this could be affecting her naps xxx

My last trick with Max is rocking him to loud music. I put The Scripts album on and by song 2 he's fast asleep!

Ditto! K's naps have been max 20 mins and she has been up 5-6 times a night. I feel like I am going insane. :hugs: to you!

Emily is exactly the same... Sleep is becoming a nightmare again. Big hugs... Xx

im going thru it too im soo frustrated xxx

Sorry hun- I can remember feeling just the same a few months back and thinking it was all getting worse and not better and crying my heart out feeling like I couldnt take anymore! It is really, really, really, hard when they just wont nap and u get grumpy baby all the time- u just wish they could understand that u r trying to help them and if they just went to sleep they would feel sooooooo much better! But alas they dont!
I think u said u go out and about a fair bit- will she not even sleep in her pram at the mo? Thats how I got thru it- lots of walks! It may seem like it will last forever but I promise it wont, and it will get easier bit by bit! I think Ethan started to settle down around 5.5 months and we started getting a routine going with naps around the 6 month mark. U will always have bad patches when they r going thru teething or a fussy phase whilst they r developing and their world is changing all over again, but u will get thru them and things will be better again! Dont be too hard on urself hun, being a mummy is tough, we dont give ourselves enough credit! xx

Oooh i went through this with charlie so i know how frustrating it is, charlie doesnt sleep in the pram even when hes tired,he has to be absolutely shattered, but saying that it like, gets him in the mood to sleep iykwim? So after the walk i think the constant lull of the cars passing and movement soothed him then id get home drop everuthing and put him to bed with a dummy, and give him a drink of water or milk and if hes still awake leave him lying there. Just done that this min as been in town and at my friends house all day he had 45 mins at quarter to 9 this morning, He had a whinge for about 5 mins so i kept myself busy putting clothes away upstairs and hes out like a light now. It is a pain when its every day and i know i could never be bothered to go out for a bloody walk lol, especially when ite raining but thats all that worked for me unfortunately... Hope things get better VERY soon!!! Lots of :hug: xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Alyssa has been the same today, she exhausted herself cos she would only sleep on my knee so shed wake when i put her down, 20 mins of rocking in her pram at 2pm with music on and she finally slept

Much the same here, Vince will not be put down in his cot no matter what, he despises it, he thinks I'm sort of bodybuilder and can carry his fat ass around all day! LOL!

She will sleep in her pram but I can't rly get out today as I'm minding my 2 year old nephew . She is still awake now x

can you rock her asleep in the pram inside the house? its what i do

Tried that it's like she knows where not outside . Iv given up trying to get her to sleep now she just keeps rolling round in her cot xxxx

Hope she settles for a nap soon hun, they are soooooooo grumpy when they wont nap! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back