Snacks

Mamafy

Reaction score
Morning and afternoon snacks?

Do your little ones have them?

If so what do they have?

I think my lot would happily graze all day and always eat snacks, so I try to make these as healthy as possible.

Katie will pretty much eat any fruit and will eat raisins etc.

What do your kids have for snacks?

Oliver love his cheese, grapes, bananas and crackers. He could eat all of them all day long! I keep thinking he must be bored by now, but if I change them, he has a right old strop!

I used to work in a nursery and whilst doing my nvq I found out that children need snacks mid morning and mid afternoon to keep up their energy levels and to get all nutrients they need. I used to give DD a variety of snacks changing them regularly. I went for vegetable sticks, fruit, cracker bread with houmous, cheese, crackers, raisins, bread sticks, dried fruit etc I also offered dips to go with the veg sticks.

Dec will have,

Raisins
Fruit
Bread sticks with a little dip
Cheese dips
Sugar free Jelly
Yogurts
Crisps (now and again, his fave. is Tayto Cheese and Onion)
cold pasta
little bit of salad (not to much he bores of this really easy)
Crackers with a little cheese
Custard
Kids fruit bars

He also has some naughty stuff now and again like

A bag of choccy buttons
A kinder bar
Ice-lolly
Trifle
Cream bun

Thats all I can think of xx

katie doesnt tend to snack, but she eats huge meals!! if she does, its normally ricecakes and raisins. and if she sees me eating she demands whatever it is!

Thanks girls for all your great ideas :)

Rosie will usually have grapes, fruit bread, bananas and healthy stuff like that really. She also eats raisins, crumpets and quavers, cheddar biscuits sometimes and cheese :)

my two have an afternoon snack when theyre at home, they eat a mixture of:

fruit & berries
raisens
raw veggies & dip
babybels/cheese sticks (not a lot of these because they cant handle a lot of dairy)
crackers/ ryvita
quavers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back