SMP1 Form.... HELP!!

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am literally at my wits end trying to deal with this :( Basically I was employed on a temporary contract which was officially terminated when I began maternity leave (19th sept). The company took two and a half bloody months to return my MATB1 which held up my Maternity Allowance claim. Finally I got it back so I sent everything away to government. I told the company I need an SMP1 to claim which they said they would send... 2 weeks ago!! Only today I was told they cannot send me this because I'm no longer employed with them and I'd have to get it from the job centre instead?? So I rang the job centre, unfortunately I could hardly understand the guy on the phone but it sounded like he said I can't get it from them?!?!? Had to hang up cuz I was getting really upset, this has been going on for months and it'll take 6-8 weeks to process the claim and this will only happen when they get this SMP1 form but god knows when that'll be?! Does anyone know what happens now? :( x

Sorry i cant help hunny. I suppose ive got that nightmare to look forward to. Best of luck getting it sorted xxxx

Hey hun, Im on maternity allowance and I def didnt have to send an smp1 but I sent mine off after I left work..have you already sent yours off then? If not, send it as if you are unemplyed, which you are and you wont need an smp1 the only things you need to send off are your matb1 form and payslips to prove your earnings over your 13 'test period weeks' xx

Got it sorted now phewww :p Basically because I was employed during the 15th week of my pregnancy, that employer MUST send me an SMP1 (its the law apparently) and so I rang them telling them this and fobbed me again.... only to ring me back to tell me I was right and they were sending it in the post today. No apology or anything lol. Thanks anyway girls xx

Oh I didnt realise lol oh I never got one and I was employed up to my 22nd week oops x

Glad you got it all sorted but just to let you know in case you have any more problems with them that if your temporary contract wasnt origionally due to finish till later than your maternity leave date they legally should have kept you employed untill that date even if it was only a few months after you left :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back