Smelly Wee!

dannii87

Reaction score
OMG I've been noticing for the past few days that I have smelly wee :oops: It doesn't hurt or anything like that, it's just smelly...

...Put it this way, I have a cold at the moment off the cuff of a chest infection so I can't smell very well anyway, THAT'S how smelly my wee is!!

:rotfl: I've got to laugh! x

Hi Danni

If it's bad then I would strongly suggest making an appointment with nurse, doctor or midwife whoever u can get in with first and just get them to do a urine test. It may be that you've got a urine infection which would need to be treated but then it might be nothing at all.

:hug: If it is quite dark go get a urine test done. This is what I gets when I have those nasty infections that make me really sick. Its evil because you have to drink soooo much and I hardly drink a thing normally.

Hmm... But it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable or anything, should I still go d'ya reckon?

xx

Goooo goooo gooo!

I had no pain either. I only went about twice a day and when I did go it was dark and not reeeallly bad smelling but it did have something.

Soon as I peed in the pot it was obvious somthing wasnt right with it, doctors put a stick thingy in and tell you straight away.

Dont leave it though mine spread to my kidneys and I was being sick every hour....I mean green nasty stuff.

Achhhh durr brain me forgot to add these :hug: :hug: :hug:

Okie doke :hug: Thanks a bundle girlies, you're great.

Will book a docs appointment for Monday then! xx

id book an appointment just to be on the safe side, it may be nothing to worry about but better to get checked out

:hug: :hug:

I had the same prob for about 6 months but was too embarassed to ask the doctor about it so never bothered. Then when I did my test a few weeks ago, thought i'd go to the doc and get it confirmed. So walks in with my sample and says "could you test this for me pls?".....he, stuck something in it and said "yes, you have a water infection"...........it turned out that things have changed since I was last pregnant and they dont even do pregnancy tests anymore! doh!.......anyway he gave me antibiotics that were o.k to take during pregnancy and 5 days on the 'wiff' had totally gone! :) wish i'd done it sooner! :)

Also Danni when i mentioned this to my midwife, as i had the same problem she told me i wasn't drinking enough fluids throughout the day, so it maight be handy to keep a bottle of water with you through the day.

Try and flush out your system over the weekend by drinking loads of water and also get some cranberry juice as this is really good for avoiding UTI's. As far as I know there is no risk in drinking cranberry juice during pregnancy and I myself have had penty of it during this pregnancy.

bowmanzoo said:
Try and flush out your system over the weekend by drinking loads of water and also get some cranberry juice as this is really good for avoiding UTI's. As far as I know there is no risk in drinking cranberry juice during pregnancy and I myself have had penty of it during this pregnancy.

I was going to say this, you need to be drinking lots at the moment cause the amniotic fluid is topped up everyday from the fluids you drink, we tend to sweat more being pregnant and you need enough for your normal every day needs, I had a lot of UTI's before getting pregnant (infact thought I had another one not that I was pregnant :lol: ) and the best think to treat them and to keep them at bay is lots of fluids and cranbury juice is great too. Avoid coke, sugary drinks, tea, and coffee as the will dehydrate you more lots of water or sugar free squash also concentrated fruit juice dilutes you I read to water it down until you were drinking it half juice half water a weekend of drinking lots may even fix the problem before your appointment monday it is the best cure! :hug:

Definitely agree with the drinking more thing. I am normally really good and have a glass of water near me most of the time. When I had my 36 week appointment with my GP rather than my midwife I hadn't had anything at all between lunchtime and my appointment at 5. Gave a rather embarassing brightly coloured sample (TMI :oops: ) and got a lecture from the doc about having "pee like porridge" because I've not had enough to drink. It even showed up trace protein because it was so concentrated so she had to send a sample off to the lab to check for infection and sent me off with a flea in my ear. :oops:

Needless to say it tested clear at the lab, I was dehydrated and made an effort to drink more and was all clear at my appointment last week. I actually feel better for it too. :dance:

i had cloudy wee when i went and saw the MW last, i had to do a urine sample for her anyway and i mentioned it to her, she didnt say anything though. its all back to normal now though. try and drink more, it gets like that if its more concentrated. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back