Smelly Poo

widowwadman

Reaction score
Mills is fully breastfeed, but since yesterday her poos started smelling quite acidic. She's drinking a lot (every 90 minutes at the moment on days, every 3 hours at night) and yesterday had a few green mucusy poos, but this morning we were back to yellow and no mucus, but still quite smelly. Also she's straining and grunting a lot when she does poo. Is this normal or should I ring the GP?

Ollie isnt breastfed but around the 2/3 week mark he started the whole grunting a squirming when hes having a poo (and they stink!) i get really worried as he looks like he's in pain. I spoke to doc yesterday and he said its "normal" and will grow out of it. I hope so!!

BF babies poop shouldnt have a foul smell. her digestive system is still so immature, its probably just reacting to something you ate.

my LO had this, her nappies were smelling like rotten fish and recently it got really bad and she was passing thick slime streaked with red, and all her nappies tested positive for blood, turned out to be a violent allergy to something im eating (im off all potential causes atm)

if its on and off i wouldnt worry, it sounds normal, but if its constant it might be worth calling the doc just to put you mind at ease.

millylillyrose said:
BF babies poop shouldnt have a foul smell. her digestive system is still so immature, its probably just reacting to something you ate.

what about FF babies poo? sorry im not hijacking the thread i promise! :oops:

FF babies poop has a stronger 'poo' smell. i've always found that BF babies poop smells kinda sweet and musty. where as FF babies really smalls of poo.

spoken by a newborn photographer who has seen a huge amound of variety in poop, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back