Blood in his poo

kellie80

Reaction score
Nathans been having problems having a poo for ages now and is on lactulose which seems to have sorted him out. Today he has has 2 poos and both times there was quite a lot of bloody mucus in it. It was definatly in his poo! When hes been constipated before he has cut his bum and its definatly not the same this time. I rang NHS direct cos i thought maybe it was related to the lactulose but she wasn't sure and said I should take him to the GP. Any one else had this before? Hes got an appointment this afternoon just to be on the safe side.

im afraid i dont really have any advice but i hope the doctor was more helpful at your appointment :hug:

She said he had 2 cuts on his bum, fissures or something she called them. She said they will heal in a couple of weeks if he doesn't get constipated again. I'm not convinsed though, I'm pretty sure they were in his poo! I'm gonna keep a close on on him and take him back if it carries on.

when bradley had blood in his pooh, i took his nappy to the docs with me so they could actually see it was and i wasnt being a silly mum..

hope it stops for him and if it doesnt i would do that take the nappy .. they can test it that way! :hug:

awww bless hun, that must feel awful for him, i hope Nathan is ok hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back