Smelly Baby Urine

little*red

Reaction score
Ive posted this in first year health issue too but though i would post it here too incase some mums dont go there. :D

The last few days ive noticed that Evie's wet nappies have a really pungent smell to them :? . Ive been lookin on the net to see what it can be and a lot of sites says it can be a urinary tract infection. However she doesnt show any discomfot when peeing and she doesnt seem unsettled or in pain in any way :think: .
ive also read that it can be due to teething aswell but i can see any teeth making any way up.
My HV is coming on tuesday do you think i should wait until then or do you think i should make an appointment at the Drs straight away? As i said before she doesnt seem to be in any discomfort, but if it a UTI i dont want it gettin any worse.
what do you think, has anyone else experienced this wiht their baby?

Soph's wee got really strong smelling, so i called HV and she said that ir was due to her starting to teeth, she still has no sign of any ocming through though!

I wouldn't worry, probably just teething! :)

Thanks Vicki, i thought it might be that as it doesnt seem to bother her and i guess she is at the age where they are beginning to teeth
:D

Eefie honks if he has disposables on and has a runny tum with the teething too

Teething can have a really strong effect on how the wees and poos look and smell.
If shes not in pain or discomfort then dont worry babes.

OH recons alices wee smells of popcorn :think: :rotfl:

alices can get quite stinky, esp if she hasn't been drinking much water that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back