Protein in urine

soulem

Reaction score
What can protein in urine mean?? My midwife found it in my sample today and has sent it off to the labs to be checked (for what, I dont know!?)

She asked me if I had thrush or cystitis at the moment, which I dont, then she said she would send it off.

What could it mean? Ive never had protein found in my other pregnancies!!

it could a sign of pre eclampcia hun but is usually with other symptoms to

i wouldnt worry hun its is normal to have so much i think but i had it and +4 whatever that means

I had protein and it was a urine infection if that's any help... On antibiotics at the mo xx

i have a + of protein in my urine also!!!
they think mine may of been a infection, but because
i have swelling and high blood pressure im been monitered for pre eclampsia

Protein in your wee could be a sign of pre-eclampsia.
Quite often there can be protein in there though and if it's just a trace then it's nothing to worry about. Your midwife will probably monitor it.
L x

Thanks for your all your replies!!

I have no swelling and my blood pressure is absolutely fine so Im guessing that I prob have an infection and just dont know it yet!!!!

It is often just contamination from cervical mucus

soulem said:
OOoo!! :eek: Im going to google that now!!!
no, dont! i did that when i had protein and i scared myself s***less!
i was convinced i had PE and me and my baby would die :(
dont look on the internet, talk to ur MW or GP who will be more reassuring :hug:

trixipaws said:
soulem said:
OOoo!! :eek: Im going to google that now!!!
no, dont! i did that when i had protein and i scared myself s***less!
i was convinced i had PE and me and my baby would die :(
dont look on the internet, talk to ur MW or GP who will be more reassuring :hug:

i used to google all my symptoms aswell, it used to worry me silly!!!DONT DO IT!!!i have self diagnosed so many times, im surprised im still alive :rotfl: :rotfl:

i had protein in my waters from week 24 till around 34wk which kept going and returning, because the doc never gave me anything to clear it. finally got antiboics though.
ive never heard it being anything do with pre eclampsia, because if it was surely i should have been treated and not left with it.
just goes down as a water/bladder/kidney infection.

I had +4 at 33 weeks with high blood pressure and was admitted for a week and even had steroid jabs for baby's lungs to develop in case they had to do an emergency delivery but then everything settled down on its own. The had another pre-eclampsia scare at 38 weeks and spent a few more days in hospital to end up having Charlie on his due date, went into labour naturally but he got stuck and my pre-eclampsia kicked in with w vengeance (developed chest pains during labour) so they delivered by emergency c-sction after 20 hours labour!
Charlie is healthy and beautiful and I am sure your midwife will take great care with you and monitor you well to prevent complications so dont worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back