small update sadly not good *rant alert again*

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
deleted sorry everyone i just really cant do this anymore
good luck to all

that makes me angry! on your behalf...
15 is days is really long to be waiting to be inducted...
you should totally just... i duno... shout at them?
good luck hun, hope things improve...
they cant possibly wait you make longer than 15 days can they?

I think you have every right to rant!!

You must feel so upset and helpless.

I really pray for you that your body naturally goes into labour.

This is just so bad for you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

manda224 said:
because there is too many elective c-sections booked in can you belive that? my babies life has to be put in risk a bit more everyday i go overdue because some women cant be bothered to push there babies out, as far as im consurned if you dont want to give birth then dont get pregnant in the first place.

:hug: you must be very fed up :hug:

Elective sections are sections that are not emergency - and these include for breech, pre-eclampsia, obstetric cholestasis and lots of other medical reasons for needing a section - and apart from a very few exceptiosn these women are not the "too posh to push brigade" - just other mum's to be worried about their LOs too :hug:

Hopefully they may have a cancellation (liek if someone goes into labour earlier so clearing up a space for induction) or even better - LO hurries up and comes on their own :pray:

Please ring them back and ask to speak to a obstetric doctor about this and explain your worries to them - that way you can get the best advice.

When Baby smile was found to be measuring small they couldn't offer me a date for a growth scan until after he was due - I spoke to the doctor who had requested it and they kicked up a stink for me - turns out they docn't get a lot of say and the dates etc are all booked by admin people on a first come first served basis and they don't have any medical knowledge to make these decisions!

It may be worth offering to go to a different hospital if they can arrange it for you as a different place might be quieter this week

:hug:

:hug: :hug:

Aww Manda that's terrible, i hope your LO doesn't keep you waiting until then. I would ring up and kick off i can't believe they're making you wait so long.

I agree with smile. They don't give you a c-section for nothing, it's high risk births x

thanks everyone im to fed up to try and battle with them they will only get shirty when i go in there to finaly have it done
oh and i thought id weigh myself just now i knew i shouldnt of as i now weigh 15stone ive nearly doubled my body weight!!!
manda xx

I would go to the hospital, and tell them you will not leave until they bring it forward.
Good luck.
x

manda224 said:
they will only get shirty

If they do, tell them you'll put in a complaint.
Surely they'll have to try and bring you forward if its hard on you.
x

Actually Manda, I am having a planned section due to medical complications, not actually through choice and I am not too posh to push I have had 3 natural births.

Your comments have really upset me actually, maybe you should take a deep breath before you write such insensitive remarks.

Hoe dare you suggest that I should not have gotten pregnant if I cannot give birth naturally, I have as much right as anyone, and indeed, am as worried about my baby as you are, I certainly wish I could go overdue and give birth naturally.

This forum is supposed to be here for support not as a place to suggest some mothers are above others because they can give birth naturally, I hope you never have to have a section.

Oh hun its awful that they are making you wait so long and I'm so angry for you. I'm not sure what to say or what advice I can give you, only that they can't possibly make you go over the 15 days as that's a long time. So at least you can take *some* comfort in the fact that sometime next week you will have your little one in your arms.

I'm hoping that it will all happen naturally for you and little one will be here soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

jue said:
Actually Manda, I am having a planned section due to medical complications, not actually through choice and I am not too posh to push I have had 3 natural births.

Your comments have really upset me actually, maybe you should take a deep breath before you write such insensitive remarks.

Hoe dare you suggest that I should not have gotten pregnant if I cannot give birth naturally, I have as much right as anyone, and indeed, am as worried about my baby as you are, I certainly wish I could go overdue and give birth naturally.

This forum is supposed to be here for support not as a place to suggest some mothers are above others because they can give birth naturally, I hope you never have to have a section.

I'm sure Manda simply misunderstood about what an elective section is as its a common preconception that women only have them cos they are 'too posh to push' (I once used to think this myself in fact until my friend had to have one for her second baby and I then realised that there were in fact medical reasons that women HAD to have them).

FWIW I'm sure Manda didn't mean to upset anyone, I've always found her to be one of the more supportive members of the forum and I know she is feeling the strain at the moment (as a lot of us are).

i hope baby makes an appearance for you soon manda xx

Its another common misconception that if you go more than 2 weeks overdue that your baby is in danger.

Actually the reason they try not to let women go this far over is because the placenta can start to degrade.

There are more women than you think who go 3 and sometimes 4 weeks over and have happy healthy babies.

I've spoken to my midwife and because I had such a bad experience with being induced last time I've said I'd rather wait as long as I can. What will happen is that I'll be carefully monitored to make sure the placenta is not degrading and that baby is still well. So long as both me and baby are well they have no problem letting me go more then 2 weeks over-due.

I understand your concern and worry - its not easy when you've got the welfare of your baby to look out for but I would ring and speak to your midwife and ask for extra checks until you can get in to be induced.

jue said:

you have taken what i worote in the completly wrong way if people need a c-section its fine but alot of the spaces are taken up by people that just dont want to give birth around here
im sorry for upsetting you i worded what i wanted to say wrong.
but to be perfectly honest im far to upset to care anymore atleast you no your baby will be here soon enough

aww manda, just wanted to give you some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope your LO gets a move on for you naturally so you dont have to wait so long to meet him :pray: xxx

manda224 said:
jue said:

you have taken what i worote in the completly wrong way if people need a c-section its fine but alot of the spaces are taken up by people that just dont want to give birth around here
im sorry for upsetting you i worded what i wanted to say wrong.
but to be perfectly honest im far to upset to care anymore atleast you no your baby will be here soon enough

The nhs don't offer sections to people who don't need them manda - you can't just have one because you don't want to delivery naturally. They are high risk, complication of dvt etc from sections plus a 6 week recovery time.

15 days over isnt that far like some one said they will monitor you closely, my first was induced at the same time, she was all healthy.

your not 2 weeks over due date, as due dates arent that accurate thats why they give you the window either side to give birth and be classed as term.

enjoy your last few days of being pregnant, soon the sleepless nights will start and u will wish baby was back inside :rotfl:

actually yes they do i know 3 girls that have pleaded with whoever saying that they are terified of giving birth ect ect and they have been given sections
look i aint turning all this into a slagging match over whos right il just delete the whole thing and go away again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back