• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slow Internet

Is anyone else having problems with their internet connections and pages taken forever to load? I've done the usual clear history, cookies, temp internet files, etc, but it doesn't make much difference and it's taking ages to read the forum. I'm with BT Broadband.

No - I did have that the other week though (with Talk Talk) and gave up in the end, when I spoke to them they said they were sorry for the inconvenience, but were doing some maintenance (tsk!)

Hope it speeds up for you soon x

Sami said:
Is anyone else having problems with their internet connections and pages taken forever to load? I've done the usual clear history, cookies, temp internet files, etc, but it doesn't make much difference and it's taking ages to read the forum. I'm with BT Broadband.

Yeap we are with BT Broadband and since Friday its been appauling but seems to be back to normal today.

I'm with BT too but I find that since we moved here to Oxford, it is so slow anyway but ok today :D

They are putting in a new road behind the houses opposite us, maybe they dug up my cable :lol:
It's annoying me as it's taking ages to load each page up and to reply to anything.

There was a virus going around BT Internet apparently but Im not sure of the details :think:

x-kirsty-x said:
There was a virus going around BT Internet apparently but Im not sure of the details :think:

Was there? I restarted the computer and it seems to be working better now but then it gets slow again. Like I've got a bug on the computer, but I've checked that and there is no viruses.

I'm with BT, no probs with mine. Did you re-start or shut down Sami? If you only re-started do a full shut down. Normaly works a treat :)

Its probably nothing to do with that virus cos I've got AOL too and mines just started going really slow too.

I did have a problem with spyware a week ago but thought I'd sorted it out, I hope its not back....its so annoying! :x

We're on BT broadband & i tell ya this computer has nearly been chucked through the window on several occasions. It cut me off totally this afternoon :shock: Just rude!!!!! :lol:

LOL mine has nearly gone aswell Nicki :lol:
It's not shut off yet, I only restarted it earlier so if it starts again I'll shut it down properly.
Maybe it's a whole internet thing? No matter on your internet provider? Are all phone lines manned/fixed by BT anyway, even if you switch you phone provider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back