Slow cooker recipies...

charliebear

Reaction score
I'm investing in a slow cooker (well a cheap one!) today :dance:

Soo, come on in and share all of you fabby recipies :lol:

Yesterday I put some pork ribs and bbq sauce in my slow cooker and they came out lovely, meat falling off the bone yummy!

Today I have a gammon joint in there (soaked in water over night), placed in slow cooker with some bay leafs and new potatoes and enough water to cover pots, smells lovely!

I do alot of stews in there, place veg in bottom (potatoes, carrots and onions) then brown meat on the hob and place ontop of veg, cover with gravy and leave to cook, about 1 hour before I'm ready to eat it I add peas and sweetcorn.

You can put really cheap joints of meat in there and they will come out fantastic!

Put all chilli and bolonase ingredients in there and leave.

(If cooking mince or stews etc, always brown meat first this will enhance the flavour and also you can drain the fat then before adding to slow cooker).

omg i was just about to start this exact thread!! i've invested in one for when i move cos it'l be so much simpler to be able to stick a meal in there in the mornings rather than trying to cook at tea time when my ladies are grumpy!!

I love my slow cooker. I do chilli and bolognaise in it too, or cottage pie fillinge etc and they are totally melt in the mouth.

I also do meat and veg with stock etc to make a nice casserole - pork, root veg, potatoes and apple is really nice...yum!!!

Whatever veg I have left at the end of the week goes in with whatever meat I have and it's always really nice xxx

I love mine too :love:

I've done stews, mince, roasts of beef, chicken and gammon and it always ends up delicious :love:

The only thing that didn't seem to work was homemade soup :eh: And I have no idea why?

You can do risottos and such as well :D

I'm going to try brasing steak in there tomorrow - my 1st try!!
Now my instinct is to put steak in the bottom, veggies on top so its compleatly covered in stock??

I've also got some soup mix so when I'm done with the steak in there, I'm going to attempt a bacon and lentil soup?? will pop some grated carrot and swede in there too.
I'll use the baby Heinz stock cubes so AJ can have some too.

I'm going to try brasing steak in there tomorrow - my 1st try!!
Now my instinct is to put steak in the bottom, veggies on top so its compleatly covered in stock??

I've also got some soup mix so when I'm done with the steak in there, I'm going to attempt a bacon and lentil soup?? will pop some grated carrot and swede in there too.
I'll use the baby Heinz stock cubes so AJ can have some too.

I would put the veggies in first and the steak on top because the veggies take longer to cook, plus veggies must be covered in liquid but the steak doesnt!

I'm sure either way will work fine, just thats the way i'm use to doing it :)

Let us know how it goes?

It was lovely! Wohoo!!
Going to pop some soup on shortly, I'm liking this type of cooking. Put it in and leave it..:lol:

i did stew last night got left overs tonight i love stew season

i did a shoulder of lamb in mine before i moved - Oh my the meat just fell apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

I love my slow cooker, great to put on before work and then come home to hardley any cooking!

just thought i'd revive this thread as Im using my new (hand-me-down) slow cooker for the first time tonight :cheer: Im doing meatballs tonight but i need recipes please. also what cheap meats come out nice from the slow cooker?

just thought i'd revive this thread as Im using my new (hand-me-down) slow cooker for the first time tonight :cheer: Im doing meatballs tonight but i need recipes please. also what cheap meats come out nice from the slow cooker?

we got a shoulder of Lamb for about £3 from tesco and it came out sooooo lovely and tender from the slow cooker!!! I think most meat comes out lovely from the slow cooker though!!!

I just tend to cook stews in there tbh just pre fry the meat, cut the veg chuck it all in and cover with a stock/ gravy and turn on!!

do you put the veg or the meat at the bottom? Ive got pork loins to cook for tonight, guess where theyre going :lol: I cant decide whether to cook them whole or chopped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back