Sling advice

Cherrycola

Reaction score
I have been using a closer baby carrier with LO since she was big enough to fit in it and really loved it but I am finding that as she gets older it's not working so well for us. She doesn't like facing in towards me as she wants to look around more but if I turn her to outwards facing she decides she wants to see me. Recently I have been having to take her out of the sling when we are out and just carry her in my arms

Now that she is able to sit unaided I was thinking of getting a sling that allows for hip/ side carrys. Has anyone got any recommendations of what would be best. LO was prem and is still very petite (just over 12lb at 7 months) so weight wise she is easy to carry. I am looking for a sling that is easy to use and can be put on quickly. Also has anyone got any recommendations as to the best sites to buy pre-loved slings? Not sure if you are allowed to post links or not?

Thanks x

I was using a Connecta when my LO was at that age as I started to toy with re idea of a back carry.

Have you looked at woven wraps? They can be used for front and back carrys and also on the hip and it lasts for a longtime. There's usually quite a few second hand ones knocking around but off the top o my head I can't think of any sites :/ sorry.

A woven wrap is lovely and versatile. Brands like Hoppediz and Storch are good for beginners but there are lots of other great ones too.

A ring sling could work well for you for hip carries and they are great to pop them in and out of quickly once you get the hang of it.

I really can spell, my ipod just prefers typos.

Ring slings are great for him carries but only for that really.

I got a Mei-tai for back carries which is really easy (a bit like putting an apron on backwards) and i carried Jasper on my back until he was just over a year (and i was 3 months pregnant so had to stop!)

there are a few places which sell second hand ones, i would type in second hand baby slings into google and see what you get x

There is a fantastic forum with a great used babycarrier board. Not sure if I'm allowed to name it here or not so PM me and I will send you more details.

I really can spell, my ipod just prefers typos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back