Slimming World

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
I know I failed at my calorie counting :blush: Well not quite failed I'm half a stone lighter but I've went a bit off track.. My bridesmaids dress is a size smaller than I am, and I WILL get into it! Just been on Slimming Worlds website and it looks great.. Is it too good to be true? There is a meeting just round the corner from me on a Wednesday I'm v tempted to give it a go x

Last edited:
My nan has been doing it fr years she said it is hood she looses about 1lb every 3 weeks now but we thickeners cox he has been doing it a good while x

I've heard it's rather great, but have found people that used lighter life had much better results :) (I'm a personal trainer so see a lot of people that use this sort of thing) x

My aunt is on lighter life and she lost allot and it's stayed off :)

Hey wow.. nice to know ur trying to lose weight... i mean losing calorie is not easy ...Love the weight loss progms they show in television which looks easy but very difficult in reality... lol:)

I love it you will go the first wk and think you wont of lost anything as you have eat that much but you will I lost 7lb in my first wk, It takes alot to get your head around how many healthy extra and sins you can have etc but once you get into its easy.
just to give you an idea this wk I have had things like
chicken tikka pita bread salad and chips,
home made beef bugers
gammon egg and chips
chilli and rice
meat balls and spaghetti

and I lost 4 and half pound this wk

Hi there,

Last year I did Weight Watchers and lost alot of weight, but found I was always hungry and was sick of writing down and counting everything which went into my mouth.

I have a little bit of weight left to lose, and 2 weeks ago joined Slimming World. I have lost 6lbs already and havent been hungry at all. I eat healthy cooked breakfasts, steaks! I am so happy on this diet and wish I'd done Slimming World last year as wouldnt have been so hungry all the time.

It really is a fantastic diet, doesnt look like it should work when written down, as I do eat alot of food - but something is working!

I bought their magazine earlier and I love it already :lol: steak, chicken, chips, pasta... It's like heaven! I'm not sure how the syns work yet, I'm sure I will understand after the first class though, it looks fab and the success stories in the mag were amazing! x

I do it online, and got a print out of the syns values in most of what we eat. When you join the class you will be given a little booklet.

Basically though, for every 20 calories, you need to count that as 1 syn. You're allowed 15 syns a day. Things like ketchup have syns in, so you need to be careful.
I like to keep my syns for an evening, so I can have my treats and hot chocolate.

Theres a great site called minimins.com which has a Slimming World forum and its been such a godsend (hope I am allowed to give the site a mention! it really is fabulous)

I joined a random Slimming World forum yday and have no idea where to even start :lol: I'll give that one a look, thanks xx

Good luck, feel free to ask me any questions if you get stuck. I'm still learning myself, but the weight is coming off so something must be working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back