slightly worried, advice appreciated

1st time 1987

Reaction score
hi i had my 22 week scan yesterday and found out i was having a boy am really really pleased :D
however the ultrasound tech said that the baby has a prominent cavum septi pellucidi...which is in the brain he has refered me to a consultant but thats not till wenesday and he couldnt give me an answer on what that could mean so i am a little worried. the other thing was the baby has a very large head the HC at 22weeks+3 days was 211.3 the OFD was 75.5 and the BPD was 59.0. he seemed concerened so i was wondering has anyone else had this condition on an ultrasound and what your measurments were like thanks alot. :)

Hey hun, firsty congrats on your baby boy :D Sorry I dont understand any of the medical jargon so cant help you, pretty sure someone will on here will be able to soon x

Sorry hun I don't know but sure someone will! congrats on having a boy though x

I dont have any advice hun,
but just wanted to say congratulations on team blue :cheer:
:hug:

I have googled it and it doesn't seem to mean that anything is wrong with the baby from what I have read. I am sure if it was really serious, they would have got the Dr to see you much sooner. Good luck :hug:

Also googled it : "The cavum septum pellucidum is present at birth but in more than 80% of individuals it is obliterated by the age of 3 to 6 months".

A friend of mine had to have 5 ultrasounds during her last pregnancy because the bone bridge between the eyes (I think) wasn't showing up. They got her all worried that he might have Down Sydrome. He's about six now, panic for nothing.

The thing is that everyone freaks out about the thought of something being wrong with their baby. I've worked with enough special needs kids and teenagers to know that many of them are far better human beings that some 'normal' ones.

Hope you are okay and that when you see your doctor/read the threads your fears are relieved x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back