Slight bleeding - help!

Bodkin

Reaction score
I've been bleeding on and off now for two weeks and although I was sent to the hospital for a scan a week ago they couldn't see anything so I have to go back next Thursday. They think it was just too early and although they monitored the hormone levels in my blood over two days and these were completely normal, I'm still getting bleeding on and off and am getting anxious about it.

It's so hard to guess how many weeks pregnant I am (long and irregular cycle) but would suspect i'm nearly 6 as MS has just kicked in.

It's only small amounts and always brown in colour (sorry to be graphic) and comes and goes. I've had no pain and feel otherwise well but just need some reassurance that all is well. Have another week to go until the scan which just seems like an age away.

Have no-one to talk to as I don't want to tell my family I'm pregnant until after the scan so am a bit fed up :(

Anyway whinge over. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

B x

Hi Bodkin,

I'm at a similar stage, I'm 5 weeks tomorrow!! I haven't had any bleeding so I can't comment on that, but from what I've read, as long as you don't get fresh blood and fairly intense pain together, it should be fine.

A lady I work with has just had her 12 weeks scan, and all was fine. She had bleeding between 5 and 9 weeks and it was just old blood from a clot that had formed during implantation. So I wouldn't worry, but do keep getting yourself checked out.

My morning sickness hasn't kicked in yet, in a way I'm stupidly hoping that it will, cause then I'll feel more pregnant!! Maybe I'll be wanting to take that comment back in a few weeks!

xxx

i'm so sorry yo hear this hun :hug:

i have had something like this around 6 weeks and it didn't end up good

but i'm not saying this will happen to you.

many people have bleed even all the way though pregnancy and have healthy babies. i was reading one of my pregnancy magazines and a women bleed all the way though her pregnancy.. and they could not find the cause but the baby and mother are fine..

i will pray for you.. try not to worry to much i know it's hard but just relax and wait till your scan good luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

p.s where all hear to listen to you when ever.. you can PM me if you would like :hug:

Hi Bodkin,

I'm at a similar stage, I'm 5 weeks tomorrow!! I haven't had any bleeding so I can't comment on that, but from what I've read, as long as you don't get fresh blood and fairly intense pain together, it should be fine.

A lady I work with has just had her 12 weeks scan, and all was fine. She had bleeding between 5 and 9 weeks and it was just old blood from a clot that had formed during implantation. So I wouldn't worry, but do keep getting yourself checked out.

My morning sickness hasn't kicked in yet, in a way I'm stupidly hoping that it will, cause then I'll feel more pregnant!! Maybe I'll be wanting to take that comment back in a few weeks!

xxx

It's definitely 'old' blood, but just wish it would stop. I had the same thing with my first pregnancy but it only lasted a few days.

I think you may be taking your comment back about the MS! It's not nice but it's bearable at least as you know it's for a good cause.

B x

neeko_1 said:
i'm so sorry yo hear this hun :hug:

i have had something like this around 6 weeks and it didn't end up good

but i'm not saying this will happen to you.

many people have bleed even all the way though pregnancy and have healthy babies. i was reading one of my pregnancy magazines and a women bleed all the way though her pregnancy.. and they could not find the cause but the baby and mother are fine..

i will pray for you.. try not to worry to much i know it's hard but just relax and wait till your scan good luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

p.s where all hear to listen to you when ever.. you can PM me if you would like :hug:

Thanks. I know it's common but just can't stop worrying! Wish I could take some time off work and just rest up but it's not as easy as that as most people know. Still, Mr B is fab and not letting me lift a finger around the house so I have my own personal slave at the moment :cheer:

Hello oh dear poor you hopefully u are ok, tho i had 2 days of on and off red and brown blood on the 17 and 18 dec and ended up with a m/c so i do hope everything is ok for you my thoughts are with you. i hope i havent scared you by wot ive said please take care

puppylove xx :hug:

Well it's my scan tomorrow to [hopefully] tell me everything is ok.

Still having bleeding but only small amounts now and still not red stuff. The last two weeks has felt like an eternity and haven't been able to focus on anything.

Been feeling pretty anxious over the last few days and just have everything crossed for tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Good luck honey - I'll be thinking of you

Valentine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94