Sleeping

LucyB.

Reaction score
A few people have been telling me that sleeping on my back cuts off oxygen to the baby but sometimes it's the only way I can get comfy or I just wake up and have rolled on my back! Is it bad to do it? Xxx

There was a thread in tri 2 about this last week will have a look for it.

I asked my MW about this since I have a muscle wastage disability sleeping on my sides makes everything ache. She said its fine to sleep on your back, the only thing it could do is make you feel dizzy when you wake up so dont get up quick. And if it gets uncomfortable then move position.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I sometimes wake up on my back too where my side balance has obviously gone askew whilst I slept.
I don't think it is the end of the world, just try to start the night on your side.

I sleep on my back sometimes too and I always thought that you'd move because of becoming uncomfortable if anything was wrong. I wouldn't worry about it.

When u lie on your back the baby can press on your main arteries therefore make you feel dizzy or feint from affecting your blood supply. Just by tilting yourself slightly one way or other with a pillow will allow you to sleep more or less on your back safely x

I've been advised all along to avoid sleeping for long periods of time on a totally flat back after 31 weeks
as it can put pressure on a main artery, however one midwife has told me if it's the ONLY position you can get comfy in then don't panic too much. You gotta sleep and you got to take advantage of anything comfy for you whilst you can and before you get too big! lol
Personally I haven't been able to sleep on my back since around 32 weeks, it just puts too much pressure on my back and belly but I sleep very well in a slightly raised almost sitting position now. It all changes the bigger you get so do what makes you comfy while you can ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back