Can't sleep

moss

Reaction score
I guess I have reached the no sleep stage. I wake up over and over every night now, whether I need to pee or not, and sleeping on my side is getting really sore because I'm so heavy that everything goes numb and I get huge dents in my side from anything I am wearing. It's very difficult to change position sometimes and I'm thinking about having my husband wake up with me every couple of hours to help me because I'm scared I am going to damage myself with how numb I can get sometimes. I'm sure all of this is normal, but has anyone found a way of coping and getting at least a bit of sleep? It seems the only time I am capable of sleeping soundly is from 8-10 at night!

Although I am not as far gone as you, I am finding it increasingly difficult to get comfy and have a good night's sleep. Am so glad that I have given up work now as I often lie awake after one of my many trips to the toilet, unable to sleep again.

I have seen posts where some ladies have said that sleeping with pillows between their legs and around their bacls help them to fall asleep more easily. Perhaps that is worth a go :hug:

I cant wait for the day when i can sleep normally! im so uncomfortable its ridiculous!
I find if i lay on my side for a while, after about 20 mins i feel like an old woman, like my bones are going to crumble. I feel bruised from shoulder to ankle and just like my bones are squishing up and melting :shock:
i then try and turn over which takes forever and usually hurts.
I put a rolled up blanket and pillow behind me the other day when laying on my sideand then a pillow under my belly. I usually have a cushion or pillow between my legs too. Ive found these have helped and am basically as comfortable as i guess i ever will be :roll:
Also cushtie cushions are a godsend :hug:

If I lie on my left my hip gets cramp. On my right my ribs hurt. I keep waking up on my back. Then I wake myself up snoring or the DH getting up to find the earplugs so it's a losing battle :wall: .

Hi

I feel your pain so you're not alone. I find it difficult to sit comfortable these days as well. Bedtimes are an absolute nightmare as like you the top of my bump gets really numb, sore and itchy and I'm also now getting back ache with it and to turn over well sooner or later i'm going to need a hoist because I really have to lug myself over. It's an absolute nightmare. They suggest using an extra pillow under your bump, I've managed to get a V pillow off freecycle which I plan on trying out tonight and will post my oppinion on it tommorow :rotfl:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm guessing it's only going to get worse from here now, however, added to the general aches and pains, wee stops and waking myself up just rolling over, I wasn't most impressed when the cat was playing with her favourite toy all night (a crinkly plastic one) the noise!!

I wrenched it from her at 3.30am. She sulked!

I've found that i need the wondow open, and the room temperatute quite cool now, i have a pillow under bump, one kinda on my back and one between my legs, i then lie on whichever side is more comfy.

If i roll on to my back im not fully on it and the pillow really helps, i do get up a lot during the night and can be quite restless but if it wasnt for loo stops in the morning i'm all snuggly and could probably stay in there a good few hours more.

id try pillows tbh, even if they dont work, i had 2 to start with and got 2 for £3 from matalan, they'll never really be used as normal pillows and a bargain lol

I have to say that the wedge pillow I got from Mothercare was a very good idea. I also have a pillow between my knees and a teddy bear to prop up my arm (haha aww) but then I am HOT! All of these pillows means it takes me about three times as long to turn over. I guess it's one of these things we have to live with... I think they should give all pregnant women anti-gravity chambers to sleep in for the good of the future population...

moss said:
I think they should give all pregnant women anti-gravity chambers to sleep in for the good of the future population...

Ohhhhh, how good wouold that be?!

I have been pretty lucky as I can get comfy when I lie down,
Its just sitting in one position for to long that get uncomfy or walking to much.

Can I join your not being able to sleep club please???!!!!

I am so glad that other people cant sleep either. I've tried it on my side, on my back, sitting up nothing helps!!

When I finally get to sleep I get really breathless and end up snoring really badly (I never used to snore). My OH even woke up at 3am because I kept waking him up with snoring!! :oops: I say its just getting him in training for the 4am feeds!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back