On Your Back

pilkers

Reaction score
Does anyone wake up in the night find you've been sleeping on your back when you started off on your side?

Does anyone else still sleep this way even though we shouldn't!?

find myself sleeping there all the time.. i just turn over... n go bk to sleep.. babys still kicking so must be ok..cant help what you do in your sleep..if you prop yourself up on loads of pillows you can sleep on your back.. as long as your not flat for ages.. when they monitor you.. u have to lay on your back for an hourish usually.. so im sure its fine

I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning.. I went to sleep on my side (can't on my back cos of the heartburn), but woke up on my back with little miss trying to push her way out with her feet in my ribs and terrible heart burn... How does it happen???? :think:

Yep I find this sometimes, and so missing sleeping on my tummy :(

Don't think its bad for baby, just us coz it squishes all our organs :shock:

it squashes ur vena cava artery which takes blood back up to your heart so if you stand up straight after being on your back it can make u go dizzy/sick.

i never go onto my back now cos once im there its impossible to get back up again or turn over lol

Kimbo said:
it squashes ur vena cava artery which takes blood back up to your heart so if you stand up straight after being on your back it can make u go dizzy/sick.

i never go onto my back now cos once im there its impossible to get back up again or turn over lol

kim.. u made me laugh at your mistake.. sorry for the piss take. but as ive done human biology A level u just made me lol.. :rotfl: sorry

vena cavas a vain.. and arterys move blood away from the heart not to it.. but you are right.. the weight of the bump can.. a very big can.. put pressure on the main vein and artery that run down the middle of our bodys.. i dont really think its that dangerous.. our bodys should know when to turn over if its gettign squashed..so dont stress to much about it.. u cant help what you do in your sleep... but i agree.. when ur sleeping on your back feels like your pelvis is stuck to the bed.. and you cant turn over...

lmfao ssssshhhhhhh :shhh: :shhh:

arteries / veins..... tomato / tomatoe

:twisted:

I asked my MW about this and it's fine - if "mother nature" turns you over in your sleep onto your back and your blood pressure starts to drop or whatever happens when you lie on your back, "mother nature" will turn you back.

Last time I was flat on my back was nearly 9 months ago ...................... not going there again!!!!! :D

midna said:
Hahahah ...you might do ?? A drunken fumble mabey ...just gotta look how these things happen. I mean one baby girl due in a few weeks was conceived in a caravan after a naughty night out...no clues to who that was. I must say I think demonseed was a result of a drunken night out lol.... good effort seed!!!

:roll: :roll:

by the way...... a few weeks?????? nooooooooo not yet, another 12 will do! lol

This one was a result of a very drunken housewarming party!! Obviously not actually at the party but after everyone had gone home !!!!!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back