sleeping with her arms out!

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
That's Fi's favourite position (when she sleeps that is!) and it means that she hits her arms on the crib bars. She normally ends up sleeping with her hands out either side! Do you think it'd be better to put her in a cot now?

That's one of the reasons why we have put Daniel into a cot now, although he still had a bit of room...just. He too flings his arms out and he was starting to look a little restricted. Thing is when you first put them into a cot they look so small again :D

Calleigh slept with her arms and legs spread out from birth. We originally had her in a moses basket but changed to a travel cot at a few weeks old as she kept getting frustrated at her arms hitting the sides.
She has slept like a dream in her travel cot ever since. All spread out like a little starfish :D

Try her in her cot see how she reacts to it hun :)

We put Gabrielle in her cot at the age Faith is now for the same reason. :hug:

I got worken up about a month ago by Corey sreaming... looked over and he had a leg stuck out of the bars of his crib! :rotfl: Poor thing!

I put rolled up towels down each side of the crib, and I havent had an arm or leg out since. I would put him in his cot in his room, but hes not sleeping thru yet, and its easyer for me if hes in our room!! :lol:

Arms either both up over head, or 1 up 1 down.

Legs like a frogs :lol:

He's got a cot bumper around the inside of cot so that he doesn't get arms n legs trapped.

Galen went in his cot at 6 weeks and we've never looked back. Mattress is much more comfy and he can throw his arms out to the sides also. Sleeps like a log.

Phoebe sleeps like this too. She has also taken to holding the bars when she goes to sleep :rotfl:

I would move her to her cot... but it won't fit in our room, so I'm keeping her in the crib for now.

Other option I thought of was trying to fit the travel cot in our room - it'd be a squeeze tho!

Sprog's been in a cotbed since 3 weeks. He looks teeny-tiny, but used to bash his hands on the side of his moses basket, so it made his sleeping a lot better.

My LO has also been in her cotbed since about 9 weeks for that reason, but we are lucky that it fits in our room. Otherwise I am not sure what I would have done as I wouldn't have wanted her in her own room that young personally.

We had to put Izzie in her cotbed when she was 8 weeks old :( It was horrible, but she slept so much better! She likes to have her arms stretched out and she was getting far too big for her basket. We could just about fit the travle cot in our room, but she didnt seem to like it, so off she went into her own room :cry:

Im really glad now though, she's all settled and she loves her room :D And i get more sleep cos i was waking up everytime she moved or made any little noise. Even though we've got the baby monitor on i find her little move,ents dont wake me as easily :sleep:

Connie also went in her cotbed at about 8 weeks. She's slept REALLY well since.

She tends to sleep wth her arms above her head though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back