sleeping routine

melhoney

Reaction score
Could someone share with me the sleeping routine of their approx.2 weeks old baby?

EVen though my mum is here and gives me a hand, I feel like Maheen never sleeps deeply enough for me to be able to sleep as well!!
She feeds every 3 to 4 hours but takes 1 to 2 hours to settle down!! :evil:

I know poeple tell me to sleep when baby sleeps but...when does she sleep?????????
my mum stays with her till midnight, so I try to go and sleep from 21:00 to midnight, but then, I stay awake next to my baby for the whole night, till 8:00 ish, when my mu comes down and takes over! I then try to go back to sleep but am so nackered that I can't, if you know what I mean!! so I am back up by 9:30 max!

I am not breastfeeding, by the way, so it should be better than that, no?
My mum will be leaving next Tuesday, and I really start panicking about how I will get any sleep at all, and how I will cope once she has left!!!!
My husband does more than he can, but he works and wakes up at 5:00, leaves home at 6:00 and comes back at 6:00pm! from then till I go to sleep, he takes care of her so I can cook, and do some bits for myself!

How do you all cope? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

mel xx

When Phoebe was 2weeks old she was sleeping about 18hrs in a 24hr period.
She was feeding every 4hrs and pretty much sleeping in between until about 8pm when she'd generally cry until she'd finally drop off to sleep at about 1am and then sleep for 4hrs until her feed was due.
It's hard when they are that age. You just have to go with it. I used to nap when she napped but Phoebe did sleep for an hour or so at a time.
Get through to 6weeks and then you'll probably notice Maheen setting her self a bit of a routine. Or you can try and set one for her.
It gets easier then :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back