sleeping rough

trixipaws

Reaction score
was watching jeremy kyle earlier (a repeat iv seen it b4 but) about homeless people n stuff. it always baffles me how they manage 2 get 2 sleep when its cold and there might b ppl walking past and stuff. i dont think i could sleep in public anywhere, the only times i have done have been on a beach or by a pool on holiday when im so relaxed and its really hot :oops: and i definately cant sleep if im too cold. has anyone ever done it even for one nite or known anyone whos done it? if so whats it like and how the hell did u manage 2 get 2 sleep? i imagine id hav 2b super super tired so i could hardly stand up b4 i could sleep ona street, id just feel sooooooo vulnerable!

i see what ur saying, but they might be so desperate for sleep that they really do have to just sleep wherever they find and dont care whos there or how cold it is!

it must be awful not havin somewhere safe to sleep at night, its 1 of the things I take for granted but for some ppl I guess its harsh reality?
very very scary to be a girl sleepin on the streets too, theres all sorts of weirdos about :x

I once told my parents i were staying at a friends house and actually just went into town and sat on a bench crying all night (wasnt a great time in my life). It was really scarey, theres some right weirdo's about at night. I dont know how they do it.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I've slept in the car once or twice after rowing with dh, usuallly parked in a pub car park!
He always found me and took me home in the morning.
And even though it was always the end of the world I can't remember the rows now. I think I didn't like him living in my house, it took a lot of getting used to when he first moved in :lol:

ive done it one night trying to raise money for charity. It was only in a small town but was hard to get to sleep, you get creeped out by every sound, and it was cold even thought i was in a sleeping bag. but when i finally did wake in the morning i felt it would have been easier had i done it for a 2nd night, i guess they get used to it.

I would hate to try it in the centre of london, i think its harder for women though.

my mum when she was about 18 ran away from home, she slept in a car for 3 months until she could afford rent, ive never had to balls to ask her much about it.

mummykay said:
it must be awful not havin somewhere safe to sleep at night, its 1 of the things I take for granted but for some ppl I guess its harsh reality?
very very scary to be a girl sleepin on the streets too, theres all sorts of weirdos about :x

street people are wierd tho :p

I slept 'out' loads of time, but never because I was homeless.....although I did camp out for a month when I was in oz and had no where to stay, but that was exciting and very hot!!
I've slept on mates sofas too when I've be in between houses.

The worst one was when I was about 15 and me and 2 mates were spending the night at this older girl and her husbands house. Anyhoo one of my mates had an argument with her and she chucked us all out in the middle of the night. We ended up sleeping under a park pavillon with one duet in the middle of winter. As we were leaving in the morning we turned the corner and these two lil fookers that we went to school with were dragging a huge bin of water, that they were planning to chuck over us. Lil ba$tards!!

Eventually you're so tired that you don't care anymore. And you don't feel you have anything to lose :( I was homeless (with nowhere to sleep) for a week when I was 16, then lived in a long stay hostel for another 9 months. So street people aren't weird. (Unless you think I'm weird :wink: in which case 8) ) They're people with no other choice.

I was lucky - we had an excellent youth homelessness project locally :D

In the day I would go with friends to their house to wash and change, but unfortunatly I couldn't stay at any of their homes at night :(

I did once but I wasn't homeless - I was on work experience in Germany and me and my boyfriend at the time went out 'round the town'. We'd had a bit of a fall-out with some of the others in the group so went to different pubs. We ended up getting on really well with this one pub landlord and before we knew it it was really late and we hadn't thought to check when the Youth Hostel locked up, and when we tried to get back in to get to our dorm, the doors were locked and nobody to be seen even though we were proper banging on the door and ringing the doorbell. As we didn't know the rest of the students in the group (they were from all over the UK) we couldn't call anyone.

So we ended up sleeping in a shop entry bit over the road from the hostel. Luckily we were quite drunk, but it was February and cold and raining and it was difficult to sleep!! We only meant to stay there on watch, to wait until someone went to the hostel reception, then we would go back and bang on the doors and ask to be let in, but we ended up waking up 7am and the others were already awake when we got back into the hostel and the group leaders had such a go at us, and all we cared about was having a shower and getting into new clothes.

I was homeless for about 3 months when I was 15, my mum just decided she didnt want the bother of a troubled teen anymore (dont feel sorry for me, it made me very strong!)

I slept mainly in park toilets that were open all night, and sometimes at a friends house. Then my Uncle found out and was kind enough to take me in properly until I was 16.

You just do what you have to do at the end of the day, and the sad thing is it doesnt take long before you find a routine and it becomes almost normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back