Sleeping positions :(

Hope81

Reaction score
Sleeping on my tummy starts becoming uncomfortable, I am not suppose to sleep on my back and now sleeping on my side makes my hip bone hurt as I feel all the pressure on it ifykwim? Not actually hurting just a pressure thing...
Right I suppose I had enough sleep :(

I spoke to my midwife about this as I can't sleep on either side as it hurts my back, the only position I can lay in is flat on my back. She said to me that although it can restrict blood flow, it's quite a new thing that women are being told not to sleep on their backs and that if it was comfortable then I would be fine to carry on. She suggested propping myself up a bit with pillows as bump starts to get bigger.

Hope that helps xx

Last night I had to sleep on my OH, but that was because of the rollers in my hair haha. You could try that?? It's really comfy xxx

i had the pressure feelling when i started sleeping on my left side, i perservered with it and it eventually went. Ive now taken to taking up the whoe of my kingsize bed legs stretched out laying on my side. Laying on my right wakes me up as does my back as i feel concious i shouldnt be doing this.xx

Have you tried a pregnancy pillow i have a 5ft v shape one... Best thing i ever did, ive had it since 7 weeks and dont think i'll ever get rid or it, it was around 30 pound off ebay xx

I lie on my back all the time. When I move on to my sides, I put a pillow between my legs and its a bit comfier.

I have a long straight pregnancy pillow and I just can't use it. Its like having another person in bed with us, its so annoying.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have a pregnancy pillow too but Dosent help as I feel a horrible pressure on the hip that I lay on my side :( having a pillow between my legs Dosent change a thing :(
I don't have a big bump yet so I am not worrying of laying on my back really I could just never fall asleep in that position :(
I hope this night will be better...

Shame the pregnancy pillow doesn't work for you hun.... it's the only thing that ever gets me comfy!! x

Don't get me wrong I get so comfy with the pregnancy pillow just 10 min later I start feeling a huge pressure on my hip. I dot know how to explain you it's like it's sth mechanical, like I am pressing with 200 kg on one point that ofc it get so sore :shock:
So because I that I have to get out of my comfy position but I would have been just comfy and fine with my massive pregnancy pillow without that stupid hip detail....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back