Sleeping on my back?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I know its advised to sleep on your side during pregnancy.. But I really cannot get comfortable that way , Never have been able to, and now that baby is bigger, I cant get away with sleeping on my stomach anymore, So am stuck on my back, Its really comfy but I need to prop myself up or I feel like a bug on its back lol

Whats the problems with laying on your back? why do they advise against it? Apart from the getting stuck part.. Lol

Last edited:
I remember hearing something about organs getting squashed? I can't remember who or where lol also dunno if there was any truth behind it! I didn't listen to it anyway.. At the end of the day if there was a problem with the way you were lying you would know about it :) I say get comfy xx

I sleep however I'm comfy,don't think there's snythin wrong wiv sleepin on ur back,our bodies have their own defense so I'm sure if anythin was gettin squished then it would adjust position,same as u can't drown urself in the bath or strangle urself wiv ur necklace in bed iykwim xxx

It's something to do with the cord potentially gating squished I think! I slept on mu back most the time with E and with them both I managed to end up sleeping on mu tummy right towards the end! If you need to move your body will let you kbow!

I didn't realise you cNt strangle yourself with a necklace tho!

Isn't is something to do with blood pressure when laying on back, I know after a spinal block before Section they can't lay you on your back, not cause the thing went in your back but cause laying totally flat would not help blood pressure. They lay you on your side slightly, like your gonna almost fall of the trolley and my section scar is like a smile shape cause of it!

If you don't suffer from low Bp then enjoy what ever makes you comfy

Last edited:
It's more of an issue as your belly gets much bigger, as the weight can compress your organs including your large blood vessels - and restriction of blood flow can cause dizziness and fainting

It's ok for short periods of time even later in pregnancy though. I always used to wake up on my back - I usually sleep on my side but I think I'd try to roll over in the middle of the night and have to give up half way :lol:

Yeah i had the same problem, i now cuddle a pillow with my leg bent over it. Very comfy!

It's something to do with the cord potentially gating squished I think! I slept on mu back most the time with E and with them both I managed to end up sleeping on mu tummy right towards the end! If you need to move your body will let you kbow!

I didn't realise you cNt strangle yourself with a necklace tho!

I used to b petrified of my necklace strangling me in my sleep til I was told that if u started strugin for breath ur body would wake u up...clever eh? xx

Can you get dizzy and light headed when you are asleep though? :p

Hey,
Im sleeping on my back and both sides, but i must admit im getting rather uncomfy atm and im not that big! Although i do wake up in pain when im on my back so it muct be squashing something hey? I think that as long as you are comfy it must be ok? Im thinking of getting one of those supporting cushions for in bed to hopefully help with the sleeping! Good luck sleeping everyone xx

sleeping on your back is bad well i didnt know this but i do sleep on my side

lol i try to sleep on my sides....but my ears start aching!! sometimes when i wake up am on my back but i try to sleep on my sides as they do advise to...goodluck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back