Sleeping on boat

Cat&Noah

Reaction score
I know this question is a bit in advance, but I just want to be prepared. A the end of Sept we are going on a canal boat holiday. The Boat hire people supply baby life jackets and cot sides for little uns, but Im wondering if cot sides are going to be okay for Noah, he will be just a couple of weeks shy of his first birthday, and can pull himself upright and stand, so do you think he is going to be able to stand up at night and dive over the cot sides?? I would take the travel cot, only I dont think we will have enough room for it. Any ideas???

Hi there, Ewan is 11 months old and standing up.
He has been on boats since before he was born, we have built cot sides for him, and they are quite safe, he cannot climb out.
Probably the best thing to do would be to take the travel cot with you and see what there cot sides are like, and also to see whether your cot will fit.
What size of boat have you hired?

When we are on the move Ewan is strapped in to his buggy and he can see whats happening.

What river/canal are you on?

feel free to pm me

We are going on a standard narrow boat on the Llangollen and Shropshire union cannal. We are doing a one way trip so are parking up at the end point then being driven to the start point, So what ever we take in the car we have to take on the boat, we wont have the option of decieding we dont need it and sticking it back in the car. and space on a narrow boat is obviously limited. the day time is fine cause he will be strapped into chair. Its just I dont want him pulling himself upright in the night and trowing himself over the cot sides!

They should have boats at the end point so you can always ask too look.
Phone the company and ask for the height of the cot sides, i would think they are standard size cot sides so he won't be doing a running jump over them just yet. Ewans come to just under his armpits, so he can jump up and down but there is no physical way that he can climb out.
Ewan is standing and walking when holding on to furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back