Moses Basket Question

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry - I'm full of questions today :roll:

I think I'm going to have to take Libby out of the Moses Basket this week as she seems to be too big for it. She weighs approx 10lb (was 9lb 13oz last Wednesday so 10lb or just over is my guesstimate for this week) and is quite long I think too (approx 55cm).

The thing is she's a real wriggler, so flails her arms around and hits them off the sides of the basket (even when she's sleeping). I think it would benefit her to have more space. However, I don't have room for her cot in our bedroom so thought about investing in a decent travel cot & mattress and putting her in that.

So my questions are:

Is this a good/ bad idea?

How old were your babies when you moved them out of the moses basket?

Has anyone else had their baby in a Travel Cot for longer than just the duration of a holiday or visit to family?

Thanks All :hug:

rachael is still in hers and shes 6 and half months old :oops:

Keeley came out of her crib at about 3 months as she kept wakin up cos her arms were touchin the cot....

I haven't had any experience with a travel cot for longer than a few hours but i would have thought she would have been fine in it :)

Sorry i wasn't much help :?

budge said:
rachael is still in hers and shes 6 and half months old :oops:

This is the thing though, I wish I could keep her in it. Its so convenient, and its the right height to not have to get up to pick her out of it....and also I wanted to get my (step-moms :wink: ) moneys worth out of it.

Oh well.....will save it for the next one! :D

nathan was 10lb 3 born so he was having the same problem, his arms kept touching the side and poop himself. i didnt have room for cot so used travelcot and it worked well.

I think we are going to have the same problem, I feel as if Thomas is looking too big for his. I can't fit the cot in the room either so I think it is going to have to be the nursery, I am not looking forward to it at all!!! I suppose if he goes in early he will get used to it, but I don't know whether I will!!!

How is it that everyone elses babies fit in at 3 months? Thomas isn't a big baby!

we have same problem hun C hit 9-13 this week and hes nearly filling his basket we are ok in the bedroom as hes in a cot bed i use the moses basket for his day sleeping downstairs not sure what to do now xxxxxx

I have been putting Grace in her Cot in our room for the past 2 weeks because she was getting too big for her MB - I thought she might have problems with the sudden change but has been absolutely fine................

just means I need to spend more time running up and down the stairs when she has her daytime naps....

mind you - still plenty of weight to lose so that shouldn't do me too much harm either :rotfl: :rotfl:

I put Nathan in his cot at about 4 weeks. He is really big and has freakishly long arm anyway. Hes like a little monkey! He slept much better in his cot.

I took Gabriella out of hers and into her own room just before 3 months.
She was wriggling about and bashing her arms on the side waking herself up. I used to take her into her room to feed her anyway (as that is where the chair is). She settled into her room very quickly :D

We are thinking of putting the travel cot up in our room when Dylan outgrows his mb as he doesn't cry for his food just shuffles and winges so not sure I would here him in next room.

for anyone doesn't know what to have them in during the day we bought a travel cot and Thomas goes i that in the daytime and he loves it as he can look around him at whats going on and he can also nap in it as well (which he is doing at the moment!) also as we have dogs it is a way for him to lie flat and kick around and not get eaten! I am hoping that he will adapt to his cot quite well as he is used to the size of the tc.

Olivia has been in her moses basket sinse 3 months or so, it took her a week to get used to it tho, but will easily flake out in it now :D

Well, I bought a travel cot last night from Kiddicare, and will put her in there. She's asleep in her cot in the nursery now as thats next to the living room so we have the doors open to hear her.....I worry same as Cloud though as she doesn't cry in the night for a feed just grumbles, so I don't think I'd hear her if she was in nursery and I was in our room (other side of apartment)....although if she was really hungry I'm sure she'd make sure we did hear her.

I can see us falling out with the neighbours :rotfl:

Will see how she gets on in TC, I think I'm gonna get a mattress to put in it rather than just let her use it as is :think:

She's happy as Larry with all of that space in her big cot......think its defintely a goodbye kiss for the MB :D

I moved Jake in to the cot in his nursery about a week ago (he is 6 months old). I kept him in our room as that is what is advised. If you get a travel cot and put it in your room that should be ok. You could maybe put her moses basket in the travel cot for the first few nights to get her used to it.

Emmylou and Cloud have you got a baby monitor? Although our room is next to Gabriella's I still have the monitor on each night; just helps to reassure :D

I think Austin's starting to get a bit big for his now but I can't bear the idea of him not being next to me and there isn't enough space for the cot in our room. He doesn't seem too bothered that he can touch the sides so until it's disturbing him I'm going to keep in in his basket.

I have Libby sleeping in her big cot in the Nusery.......her decision, she wouldn't settle in MB but did in her cot, I will have the nursery door & our bedroom door open, and as advised by Tina ( :hug: ) I'll be having the monitor on & next to mee all night.

I'm nervous! i feel like its too soon, but I don't have the energy to clear the spare bed off so I can't stay in there with her :roll:

Will let you know how we get on tomorrow - might not use that TC for anything other than visiting after all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back