• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleeping in cot for first time

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Amber is currently sleeping in her moses basket which is in her cot. Over the next couple of nights we are going to put her in her cot properly, any tips or advice on how to go about it? Also we've got a cot bumper but I'm not sure it makes much difference as its not very padded, do you think its necessary to have one?

Hi hun :hug:

Cot bumpers rule :lol: Not just for padding, but because they stop LO from seeing through the bars of the cot and it makes them feel more secure...Isla slept terribly in her crib the first night I put her in there because she felt all exposed. The next night I put the bumpers up so she couldn't see through the bars and she slept perfectly :)

Good luck!

C xxx

I put rolled up towels either side of Nat and that seemed to work. His cot looked so big! Good luck hun :hug:

i was told by my health vistor cot bumpers are NOT to be used for babies under a year old :think:

hennaly said:
i was told by my health vistor cot bumpers are NOT to be used for babies under a year old :think:

I read they aren't supposed to have them when they can sit up unaided :think:

Its so confusing knowing whats best to do sometimes! :hug:

Laura_James&Amber said:
hennaly said:

I read they aren't supposed to have them when they can sit up unaided :think:

Its so confusing knowing whats best to do sometimes! :hug:
very confusing, it was different with my other children, they all had cot bumpers from the begining.

hennaly said:
Thats what I have always been told! I did use one though when they were a little older but couldnt stand up (so they cant use them to climb over lol) to stop them bumping their heads when they could push themsleves around the cot!!

You still need to put baby with her feet to the bottom of the bed hun so a cot bumper would probably just be to look pretty anyways lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back