Really need cot sleeping help!

Jazz

Reaction score
Layla is almost 11 months and up untill last month slept in a mosses basket or crib, she started sitting up last month so thought we should get her sleeping in a cot. Started putting mosses basket in cot at nap time ect but she would not settle! If I put mosses basket on floor she will sleep or any were else as soon as it goes in cot she sits and cry's. She is NG tube fed so cant leave her to settle in case she pulls tube. Tried her just in cot with no mosses basket she got very upset to the point of being sick, she is still in my room so I settled her best I could and she didn't sleep as she was two upset. Two weeks ago she was sick all over cot I put her on bed and she fell asleep so carefully put her back in cot as soon as i put her down she woke and started crying :wall2: If you put her on any ones bed she is asleep as long as no one sleeps next to her lol. Any mums offer advice what to do, haven't had more than hours sleep in a month can't be good for her either! Hope this makes sense x

rare moment but this her in cot is a small old one so not massive so didn't think she would be to lost
rashcot10mthsold007.jpg

Mosses basket
001-6.jpg

Not sure what to suggest as K doesn't do sleep really either but doesn't mind his cot. Is the cot in your room? Have you tried it pushed up against your bed so pier close to you? You can then gradually move it, this is what we did when we swapped from his crib. I put k in it during the day when Im upstairs doing something with a couple of toys so he knows its a happy place, she might be associating it as a scary place just now as every time she's been in it she's been sick or upset.

Don't know what you think about this it's just an idea. But maybe if you have a room in your house that is going to be hers you could try buying a single bed mattress, and set it up on the floor with covers etc etc and try her on that? You can even put a cotside up on it and it's not going to be off the ground much for an 11 month old. You'll need the mattress eventually so if doesn't work no harm done. The thing about cots compared to moses baskets and even cribs is that they're generally a LOT noisier and less rigid than even a bed mattress, the feel of a cot mattress is completely different.

Cot is next to my bed with cot side down so she cant get any closer,I do the same in the day with toys but get same problems with her getting up set. She has spent alot of time in hospitals so was in a cot then don't think its helped. I did wonder if she will be better on a mattress,I was hoping people may have experience of doing it this early. She still has alot of growing room in her mosses basket so I can see why she is happier in there x

Mattress is a good idea as it sounds like you have really tried with the cot and you don't want to upset her. I know lots of people who co sleep have a mattress on the floor so Im sure it would work just make sure the room is baby proof if she can get to stuff.

Thank you looks like we are having another all nighter. It does feel like I have tried every think with cot x

Have you tried putting her in a grobag so she feels more enclosed (if you can do that with her tube)? And then just sitting with her whilst she's in the cot. Put your hand through the bars to pat abd shush her. Over time you can withdraw more and more. Or playing during the day with her in the cot so she feels more relaxed in it too?

Omg she's tiny esp being able to still fit in her basket bless her..... Have you tried putting something that smell of you in there with her???

xxx

Yes she is tiny bless her she is 15lb now and still in her first size/new born or 0-3 stuff its nuts! I have grow bags,I gave up using them but I will try again,when I put her in cot I rub her back but its not easy when she is throwing her self around lol. Will try playing in it again with her. Guess just to keep trying,She is cuddled up in mosses basket at the moment x

Bless her she's so small and gorgeous. Hows she getting on other than not sleeping?

I think the mattress idea is probably the best xx

Sounds like u have a tough battle on ur hands! Sorry she has been poorly and in hospital, that probably is the root cause and she just craves familiarity so she feels safe! If she sleeps on any bed then I would go with the mattress idea- like jojo said u will use it for a bed eventually. Perhaps it would b less alien to her?.....Really hope u get some rest soon xxx

Really going to look in a mattress we both need some sleep! She has a fair few problems but on high reflux meds and anti fit meds so are helping to control things. She has a cyst on her brain and some other problems they will have to see how it affects her as she grows. I have moved back with my parents as living on my own is really hard. Hope all your little ones are well xx

I didn't realise she had been so poorly Hun I hope she's getting on well now xxxx

xxx

Yes just had 6 week stay in oxford hospital for a internal bleed spend most of her time in hospital. Her problems are on going but she will get there xx

Sorry to hear youve had so many problems hun xx

Sorry you are having a tough time, sounds like you ahve a right little fighter there!

Awww bless her, hope the mattress idea works out, got to be worth trying x

The mattress idea kind of worked Layla got 6 hours of sleep BUT she slept in my bed and I had her cot mattress on the floor :wall2: I put the mattress on floor but she wouldn't sleep,put her mattress on floor same again but when I put her on bed was out like a light :)

Have you tried a projection nightlight thing to settle her off to sleep?my lo loves his! Have you tried a different bumper (the type tht wrap individually round the slats) so she can see through the cot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back