sleeping (going to sleep)

xrachx

Reaction score
Glenn will not be held or rocked to sleep at night, when he gets restless at bedtime he gets really irratable if he is held and as soon as i stand up and he knows he is going to bed he calms down, he has to go to sleep himself layed in his cot, is anyone elses baby like that? he must know when its 7 o clock and if he could walk he would take himself up..lol

Nope, Joseph fights his sleep, we have to swaddle him in a blanky then hold him tight, he calms down and sleeps. Mind you, the last few days, he'll happily play, whilst sitting up and then I'll notice he has gone to sleep, in the sitting position :lol:

I think you have it lucky, if your bubs wants to sleep, just laying down and not being held.

Josephine_Beth said:
I think you have it lucky, if your bubs wants to sleep, just laying down and not being held.
aww i am not complaining!..lol he is just sooo good, he is really placid and will just go with the flow i just wondered how many babies are like this, all my others loved their sleep (one or two still do!) and were really good sleepers as babies, i must be just very lucky.x

xrachx said:
Josephine_Beth said:
aww i am not complaining!..lol he is just sooo good, he is really placid and will just go with the flow i just wondered how many babies are like this, all my others loved their sleep (one or two still do!) and were really good sleepers as babies, i must be just very lucky.x

Apparently, my mum thought to sleep and would yell, scream, cry.......when she was a toddler she'd have to make herself tired before sleeping. Mum says I was exactly like that too and my son is like that..............so I am guessing it's passed through the genes lol

I wish Lola would go to sleep on her own but there's no chance :shakehead:

It's her dads fault because he used to always pick her up and cuddle her to sleep when she was newborn. Now she's bigger i'm left with the job of trying to get her to sleep but no matter how long you leave her sleeping in your arms she knows as soon as she's put in her cot and wakes up again :wall: :wall:

The HV and said to try CC but there's no way i could do that to my baby :(

xrachx said:
Glenn will not be held or rocked to sleep at night, when he gets restless at bedtime he gets really irratable if he is held and as soon as i stand up and he knows he is going to bed he calms down, he has to go to sleep himself layed in his cot, is anyone elses baby like that? he must know when its 7 o clock and if he could walk he would take himself up..lol

Charlotte is the same - she can get quite tired in the evening but when she hears the bath running she gets a second wind, partly because she loves her bath and I also think because she knows bed is coming soon after.

xrachx said:

It's great that Glenn will sleep by himself.
For us, it depends how tired LO is. If she's really tired, she'll drift off by herself, but at other times, she needs me to hold her hand or to hold and rock her to sleep. But she always needs a dummy to pacify herself.

Willow goe to sleep on her own if you hold her she fights you off but lay her down in her cot and she is away with the faries. :sleep: :sleep:

That's so cute xrachx, my friends little girl is the same, its great he's so confident and happy to go when he's tired, bless him :hug:
Isaac's always been held, and once he's settled in our arms, awake or not, he goes in his cot fine, but teething and his recent cold have upset his pattern unfortunately.

Dans really good at going to bed too. I just put him in with his bottle, blanket and dummy and within minutes he's asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back