sleep again

NICCI

Reaction score
please can somebody help :(
ive posted before about jacks lack of sleep but its really getting me down now!! im starting to feel ill!

jack is really good at going to sleep after his bedtime routine, he goes in his cot awake and settles himself at 8, then sleeps till about 11-12. then the fun begins!!!!!

he is up at least 4 times a night, i feed him which i think is my biggest problem! he is in a habit of being fed therefore wakes up expecting to be fed! i guess my main question is how do i wean him off the night feeds!
he is currently having lunch and tea, he has two bottles of formula a day one in the morn one at night and breastfed the rest of the day!!

he used to wake up at 7.30am but now its between 5 and 6am :shock: he wont go back to sleep!
should i introduce more food??

ANY suggestions would be appreciated xxxxx

A friend of mine used to give hers water if they woke up in the night!! They soon stoped waking for food, as they learnt all they were gonna get was water!!

I dont have any other suggestions im afraid... :hug: 's though as sleep deprevation is a form of torture!

Eek, it's a tricky one...when he feeds in the night does he take a lot? We reduced Dexter's feeds slowly at night, part led by him and part led by us. Sometimes he was only taking 1 or 2 ounces so wasn't really hungry so we just stopped offering at around 3 months, although we kept the 11pm one until we started weaning.

If he's only taking a little bit at night then I'd say just offer water or cuddles or whatever but not milk. But if he's still genuinely hungry then I don't think there's much you can do.....but he will grow out of it. Not that that helps now.....what time do you go to bed? I found that going to bed early really helped, so I could get a few hours of sleep before he woke....also I'm not sure of your situation but do you have a helpful OH? My OH used to do the 11 or 12 feed so I wouldn't need to get up til 3ish...by then I'd had 5 or 6 hours sleep already. I know it means you don't get much of an evening with OH but it's not forever and it's better than snapping at each other through exhaustion :hug:

thanks for the replies ladies!
i think im going to offer water and try and wean him off his nights feeds as i know he doesnt physically need them!!

mandspice - thats a good idea, think i will get my DH to feed him at 11 tonight so i can :sleep: 5 hours sounds like heaven!!!!

Just to follow on from what mandspice says, if he is taking a big feed in the night time then it is hunger and offering water won't help you. I would make sure you are upping those solids every 2 days and getting LO onto protein if not already and a good dose of carbs in the evening.

Again, look at the daytime sleep too and try not to let LO have too much.

Best of luck
Becs x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back