sleep

jomc

Reaction score
LO is 13 and suffers from reflux. He is on medication but still has to be held uprite for half an hour after a feed. This means he has gotten used to sleeping in our arms.
At nite we can transfer him to his cot and he stays asleep. However I cant get him to sleep anywhere other than my arms during the day. I keep him awake after feeds and try to tire him put. When he starts yawning and rubbing his eyes I put him in his cot. He will lie awake talking to himself for 20mins or so. Then he starts gettinh grumpy. When he cries I pick him up and soothe him and put him back in. Within a couple of mins hes asleep... But after 20mins he wakes up with an almighty scream and theres no consoling him.
I have to pick him up and let him sleep in my arms.

Its on my mind all day long and I worry he wont ever settle during the day out of my arms.
Guess In just looking for some reassurance that one day it will all work out.

I've been told by the docs today that c might have silent reflux...never sick but always throws himself back and wrches his back when feeding...maybe you could put him in a different position to sleep in? Would sleeping on his side maybe kake it better with some rolled up blankets to stop him going on his front? Or maybe put a few blankets under his mattress so its not completely flat x

He already sleeps on a wedge pillow and is velcroed into a saftey wrap so he cant slide down the cot :-(
Hes fine at nite, just during the day. Ive even darkened the room during the day buy theres no fooling him!

J only sleeps on me during the day too. I've just reorganised my schedule around it so I know to watch a good movie or series at the time of his after lunch nap. That or get on my laptop and reach over him.

I know its a pain in the bum but if you prioritise the stuff when he is up that you need to be up for would that work?

Thx hun. When hes awake I can put him in his chair and hes fine for 15 mins or so and I can get stuff done.
I just have this awful fear that he is still going to be like this in 6 months time. Myarms wont be able to cope with holding him then lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back