Sleeping and Feeding

millylillyrose

Reaction score
India was put on some reflux meds last week, so perhaps it is to do with those, but she's been sleeping a lot more, and even will go 6 hrs during the night, but for the last few days she's just not interested in eating. usually she's a beast feeder, but even after her LONG sleep last night, she woke up this morning, fed for about a minute and then went back to sleep. She's been out of it for an hour now, and im just worried my milk will decrease, or she may start loosing weight. Dont get me wrong, she's a fat little thing, but i'd like it to stay that way.
She's also such a happy little girl, yet in the evenings now she just gets so upset with feeding, will want to go on, latch on then come straight off.

May this just be a phase? its so frustrating knowing she would have been so hungry to eat before, but now isnt taking in hardly anything. And feeding for us was going so well.

Which reflux meds has India been put on? Aaron was put on Ranitidine since yesterday for silent reflux and his feeding is a little irregular. It seems they drink more milk when experiencing bad reflux episodes because it helps keep the acid down ... so maybe with the Meds India is not trying to do that?

I will report back how Aaron is in a week of meds..as the meds are supposed to be in full effect in 7 days

she's on one called Cimetidine. We go it last saturday, so i guess not quite a week. it has seemed to calm down the reflux, her's was also silent, which is aparently more uncomfortable for them as the acid doesnt just come up it goes back down again making them twice as sore.

I hope it works quickly for little Aaron!

It is quite upsetting seeing him in pain but atleast it was caught on so early and help is here. I understand this cures itself but when I asked the paed how best she could describe what he was feeling I was told it was a burning sensation in the throat, sore throat, possible ulcers which sting and stomach causing pain/cramps and acidic feeling of burning...Aaron has definately slept better today than he has done for the last few weeks, he is feeding less which is also what I was adviced to do - feed more frequently but shorter times and for some reason he is following that routine maybe because his tummy and oesophagus feel just a tad better...I want the next 2-3 days to go by quickly because thats when he will feel a little more settled...

cimetidine is similar to Ranitidine, these are H2-blockers which stop the production of acid and neutralise the current one

What dose is India on? We are on a very low dose of 0.5 ml three times a day
Hope India continues smiling..love her pics by the way...we have not managed to get many posed shots because he has been so uncomfortable and weepy ...but - good days are yet to come when he feels better :hug:

she's on the same dose. it is so sad to see them in pain. i hope you manage to get some beautiful photos of him...id love to see them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back