sleeping- am i doing it right??

hayley_17

Reaction score
well owen has never really slept very well & so for a few nights now ive been tryin putting him down awake... he doesnt cry too much & is getting better & sleeping well :D

but im not sure im doing it right... i give him his bath, bottle and then i just sit on my bed & hold him until he shows signs that he is tired, ie rubbing his face in things or having red eyes or whinging at me. then i put him down, give him my t-shirt (he sleeps better with it lol) and sit next to the cot and stroke his face until he calms himself down, i then leave him and if he cries i go back up.

i try to do it during the day too but the light seems to be a problem 4 him and he cries more. i have a corner bedroom with a very big window that lets in alot of light on 1 wall, and a smaller window on another wall. i can't get black out blinds to fit both of my windows so im not sure what else to do. he cant sleep in his nursery, even though it seems darker because he doesnt fit in his moses basket and i dont have anything else for him to sleep in!

i just would like reassurance to know im doing it right... the hvs make me feel like im doing everything wrong!! should i not cuddle him until he's tired, should i put him straight in bed?? i just don't no if what im doin is right!

thanks xx

To me it sounds as if you are doing great hun. I do that with Seren, give her a cuddle till she is sleepy then put her in her cot awake. you are doing a fab job, Owen is very lucky :hug:

thanks hun :hug:

i just wanted to know i wasnt doing it wrong!!

xx

I agree with beanie it seems like you're doing really well!

Hi

Hun your doing a great job dont listen to the hv anyways there is no right way, its what you feel comfortable doing and what suits the two of you at the moment.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back