Sleep

First Baby White

Reaction score
Evening,

Just a quick one I have read conflicting stories about how to and how not to sleep when you are pregnant and just wanted your views??

I know not to sleep on my back but what about your front??

Have any of you got those pregnancy pillows? I was given a wedge which look like a big block of cheese :) but dont think that will work yill I have a proper bump!! If you have got a pillow where did you get them from and how much???

Thanks

Saz

I sleep on my back - its the only way I can.

I can still sleep on my side but I am considering getting a pillow and putting it between my legs or under my tummy/bump.

I can lie on my front for a bit but not long as it makes me sick.

I sleep where im comfy :rotfl:

I dont sleep on my back anyway so dont know about that but i am a tummy sleeper i find a normal cushion is fine just to prevent me putting all my weight on my bump but i dont always use one. Sometimes in the night i wake up on my tummy and little madam is kicking as im squashing her :rotfl:

I have a pregnancy pillow and i love it
It has helped me sleep so much better
i usually sleep on my tummy but thats to uncomfotable now and i dont like lying on my back anyway and your not supposed to. The pillow helps me feel comfy lying on my side it's brilliant
I got mine from a independent shop and paid £20 well worth the money
try Mother care they have pregancy pillows from £20 too

I try and sleep on my side as I've heard its better for you but always end up rolling on my back in my sleep. Will have to start using pillows I think

I'm having so much sleeping trouble, i've been avoiding sleeping on my back but when i sleep on my side i get awful restless legs and pins and needles in my hands/shoulder.
I can't wait until i can belly sleep again!

I'm normally a tummy sleeper but since getting preggers I haven't slept on my front at all - some weird fear of squishing I think.

I can't sleep on my back any more, for one thing I snore and for another my back seizes up now. I switch from side to side (once the side I'm on goes numb), and lean my bump on a body pillow. I think mine came from argos (OH bought it).

I love sleeping on my back but can't anymore. Baby seems to squish everything and my circulation becomes poor. Maybe its more noticeable for me as my placenta is at the back and quite high up.

Front I think simply becomes too uncomfortable for many women as their bumps expand.

Apparently sleeping on your left side is better for your circulation when sleeping. Blood pumps better round your body in this position than if you sleep on your right side.

I tried using small cushions/pillows to rest my bump on, but tbh these then cause me back ache as I for some reason then sleep awkwardly and with a curve in my spine. If I go without I ache far less but baby protests, at least to start till s/he is settled to whatever side I am on.

The wedge cushion is preferable to me over those big long ones. I also tend to stay in one position when I sleep and actually wake up and make a concious decision to turn over.

hahaha sleep whats that??
i try to sleep in all different ways and nothing works i can sleep on my back though but not on my front it hurts :(
erm normaly my left side is best but not always i think it depends on how tired i am
manda xx

I can still sleep on my front atm, i tend to sleep on one side with a leg up around a normal pillow, gettting comfy isn't the issue with my sleep it's actually sleeping, i'm constantly wakign up because i cant breath or need another trip to the loo, it's becoming annoying!
Clare x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back