Sleep training

emilia

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone would consider sleeptraining their babies older than 8 weeks? I'm at the end of my tether and think it may be only way forward. Not sure - advice would be appreciated.
Emilia xx

yes i would, im doing it with Coby now

layla, is it working and how are you doing it?

it is working most of the time, sometimes he will put up a fight.

Coby hates laying down, unless he is sleeping, so when i want him to go to sleep, i will lay him in my arms first for a cuddle, stoke his face and give him his dummy, then when hes relaxed i put him inhis moses basket.
he somtimes just lays there untill he goes to sleep, or sometimes he will cry/whinge, if he does cry/whinge, i normaly just keep giving him his dummy and stroke his face.
i dont talk to him or pick him up coz that normaly wakes him up a bit.
after about 5 mins he drops off to sleep.

so far, he has a nap in the mornings, no my choice tho, he falls asleep in his pram when i take the kids to school.
and i will lay him down for a sleep just after lunch, about 1ish.

the day time nap works well, but if i try to put him down at night any eariler than 9 he really fights me, so i havent masterd that bit yet lol

xx

Yep! In fact we started much earlier doing much the same as Layla describes. Not crying out but letting him go to bed sleepy but not asleep at night and making it dark and quiet and having a bedtime routine etc. We had some friends come to stay for the weekend and he was utterly fantastic! Went down at 7pm and after a 11pm feed didn't wake until 7am and was happy and not wailing for 48 hours :) I'm so relieved as it felt like some kind of normalilty again having friends over and he felt more like a member of our family rather than a scary new thing that we have to tip-toe around and is tricky and difficult if you know what I mean? Our friends want kids eventually too so I think he was a good advert! I expect him to be difficult for the next week to make up it though!!

+++

I let Damien sleep when he wants - no control over it whatsoever and he won't let me cobtrol it. He still acts like a tiny baby but he is 11 weeks old ( or 5 corrected). Ican't imagine him sleeping until he is weaning to be honest - he is waking up too often for feeding again but his tummy is too small to take anymore milk - nightmare :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back